Search results

1. MaverickAH

Umpire Equipment

I recommend two websites if you're looking for umpire equipment (& more....). 1. Epic Sports They supply a lot of schools & associations with everything from uniforms to field equipment, so their pricing tends to be on the reasonable side. Stick to a brands like Adams, Champro, Diamond...
  2. MaverickAH

Odd play for me

R2 could be out for a couple of reasons: They could've been called out for leaving the base path to avoid the tag. They also could've been called out for not retouching 3B on their way back to 2B. If R2 truly passed 3B, they're considered to have possessed the base whether they actually...
  3. MaverickAH

Vinci Web site or reps?

your best bet is to call Vinci directly!
  4. MaverickAH

Passive aggressive okay?

I agree with everything you've said! There have been instances in the past where I basically told a manager/coach: "I'm here to manage the game. You're here to manager your players. If you can't do that, I don't need you here so when your player goes, you go." Over the years I've developed...
  5. MaverickAH

is Vinci quality still the same?

I haven't bought or seen a new Vinci in a few years but I highly doubt that their quality has deteriorated. What I suspect is going on here is more color related if anything. The dyeing & bleaching process to get white leather automatically leads to the leather being softer. The kip leather...
  6. MaverickAH

Stamping vs Indent

If indenting caused a problem with break in, I'd point more to the quality of the leather rather than the indent! Stamp or indent really doesn't matter other than personal preference if you're planning on actually using the glove because either will show wear & tear over time. It's inevitable.
  7. MaverickAH

ASA caught fly/foul ball then carried into dead ball territory

1) The ruling is Dead Ball for carrying the ball out of play. The award is 1 base for any runners. 2) Runners must legally complete any awarded bases so YES, if they left their base before first touch, they must retouch before completing the award. If they do not, they're subject to being put...
  8. MaverickAH

What would be your perfect grail glove?

You mean something like this? :D:D:D Custom-made, leather like butter, with an "old school" feel....... This is my, "If I had to have one glove for every position on the field for slowpitch", glove. If I had to have one glove for baseball/softball, no matter what the variation (FP/ Modified...
  9. MaverickAH

ASA what's the call

Okay......... I would make the argument that this is only applicable when the ball is live. I would refer you to Rule 8.7.D. This specifically speaks to the effects of what happens when a runner passes another runner & one of those effects is that the ball remains live. The moment a ground...
  10. MaverickAH

glove weight?

I had a spreadsheet with data on over 50 gloves of varying quality & sizes. Unfortunately the hard drive died on me & I lost all of that data. Of what I remember, the median weight for all of the gloves was about 1.85oz/inch of glove. The top stuff like Code 55 horween came in a ~2.1oz/inch...
  11. MaverickAH

Mizuno Pro Limited GZP51C

The Pro Limited Series used to be Mizuno's top of the line. It was their equivalent to Rawlings' Pro Preferred. Personally though, I thought that their lower Classic Pro Series were the better gloves just as the HOH Series was for Rawlings.
  12. MaverickAH

ASA Foul ball vs foul tip

It's in the Rule 1 Definitions section. I don't know how to interpret your use of the word, "softly", but no perceptible arc would lean toward a call of foul tip. Now USA's definition specifically says, ".....sharply & directly....." There is no specific wording as to "perceptible arc". That...
  13. MaverickAH

Rawlings HoH Black Horween Versus Pro Preferred Black Kip

It's more to it than just the points you've made. Cattle just isn't raised the same way it was 50, 60 years ago. Just as not much free range cattle that's allowed to reach full maturity as there used to be. Free range cattle that's allowed to reach full maturity will produce thlcker, tougher...
  14. MaverickAH

What would you do?

a) Bad mechanics by the umpire. You should never announce, "Game over!", & especially when all runners haven't completed their minimum requirements. b) If the umpire hasn't left the field of play, the game isn't really over & protests are allowed. c) The runners did not complete their...
  15. MaverickAH

LTB Rawlings PRO1000-9PBM

Sorry to hear about the Covid. The school season is dead here & it's just as well as I'm still recovering from some lower back nerve damage that had me down for almost 6 weeks. It went from my lower left back through the front of my hip, through my groin & down the inner left thigh. Some of...
  16. MaverickAH

Hey AD! How's it hanging? Hope all is well with the family! You know that's not what I'm about...... I was actually planning to sell off a lot of my collection this year but for obvious reasons I've held off. I sent StickCollector a PM so we'll see........
  17. MaverickAH

I'll have to dig it out & check the model # but is this the glove you're looking for? This particular one is a spring training issue.
  18. MaverickAH

Can a 2-piece web be converted to a one-piece?

This can be easily done. Not sure I get the rationale behind do it though.......
  19. MaverickAH

Rawlings color most similar to Horween tan

There are other things you can do as well like not putting your glove up wet. When you put your glove up wet in an equipment bag or the trunk of a car or any other enclosed space with high humidity, you're actively participating in shortening your glove's life. Whenever my glove got wet or...
  20. MaverickAH

Infield Fly & Interference

I couldn't possibly disagree with you more than I do! You're attempt to rationalize the play is dead wrong in every single aspect. A defensive player attempting to field a batted ball takes absolute precedence. The rule book tells you this explicitly. Under no circumstances can an offensive...