Search results

1. AWall13

GTG Swampdonkey1 is GTG

Made a deal selling him a used L4.0. Was up front with what he wanted and what he was willing to spend. I had one fitting his price and description so deal was agreed upon. Once deal was agreed upon Paypal was sent within the hour. Maintained constant communication through negotiating to...
  2. AWall13

Can't find proper area, but price check. 26 oz Monsta

unknown number of hits. I am second owner. Bought in May and have probably added 100 swings myself. Normal field, bag, and cosmetic damage. Will post photos if I decide to sell in selling section.
  3. AWall13

Who would be interested in wood bats and good balls again?

After last night I want to either retire or find/start a league that uses wood only and good balls, and see who can really play. Saw the definition of composite hero. It was a rain make up for a week we were off anyway, but went to see my buddy's team and hang out. Their cleanup hitter I'd been...
  4. AWall13

2014 Easton L4.0 Helmer ASA Only is a dud?

Straight out of the wrapper hitting from the backstop (fields wanted us to stay off mound and out of batter's box) I hit 6 out of 25 swings over a 300' fence with another 5-6 falling at the warning track with the wind blowing straight in from left field (I am a right handed hitter). Switched...
  5. AWall13

The New guy on the team interview

Any time you're the new guy on a team the coach/manager has to do it, either out of pure interest and care to see where you fit on the team or as a **** measuring contest to show he runs the team, not you. Whats some of your humor/horror stories of the funniest or most db like questions and...
  6. AWall13

Falling in love with bats/Your personal favorite?

Do the majority of you tend to pick up bats and instantly fall in love with them or if you don't like them from the beginning deal them for something new and try again? Do you buy a bat and since you spent good money on it keep it for long enough that you've swung it enough times you've grown...
  7. AWall13

Combat Derby Boys ASA Slowpitch Bat DBSP5 or Wanted

I haven't played very much ASA over the last few years so my only ASA bat is an og mayhem for backup. This year my brother asked me to play with his church team so I need an ASA bat that won't break the bank, but worth it's while and money as opposed to just rolling with the mayhem. I told a...
  8. AWall13

London Games

:mad::mad::mad: Does the nfl know how difficult it is to crawl out of the bar at 330am after Michigan State whips that michigan ass and have to get up at 930am to watch the Lions. At half time I was so pissed I was wasting my time and about to have a coronary. Then the comeback finished the...
  9. AWall13

7 games til retirement bucket list

I know I got 7 games left and it's all over. Going to take time to get my knees fixed and think about 30 years from now. Use my summers to do the things I never had time for with ball. May make another run at it if/when I have kids that get interested in playing just for that father/son...
  10. AWall13

Weird 5 flex format draft...My team

Did a 12 team draft last night where the guy said he wanted us to have options and have to pick and employ strategy like in the NFL game. We had 5 flex positions to fill like NFL coaches have 5 skill players to use in any combination (3 RB wishbone, spread, or big with 3 TE). Scoring Notes: QB-...
  11. AWall13

Intentional Walk question for pitchers

When the strategic situation calls for it (to create a force late in a game, get to a guy lower in the lineup, etc.) or you just don't want to pitch to someone (guy that hits bombs on command, guy that has rep for hitting middle, guys on the hot streak of his life, or hitter is just being a ****...
  12. AWall13

Shortstop switching to 2nd Base

How long did it take to not feel like you were doing everything backwards? Played SS for years, switched to outfield in juco and early softball and competitive softball days, ate myself into a 1st and 3rd base type roll over last few years, now giving it a go at 2nd. As far as field the ball...
  13. AWall13

How has your game improved?

Since you took up the techniques of Coach Kent Murphy? I was pretty good ballplayer as a kid because of Fred McGriff's instructional tapes and Tom Emanskey's baseball instruction, but there was a long gap with no competent teaching videos so my game decline. Now I'm back on top and am the...
  14. AWall13

All about the long ball

Here it is guys: Bat hit first HR with? Bat hit longest HR with? Bat you hit most HR's with? Bat you hit last HR with? Go!
  15. AWall13

Is softball changing and falling because.....

A-Some of the guys who have taken what was once a recreational hobby into something serious. They shell out thousands a year in tourney and league fees, travel, bats, equpment, etc and all group together and sandbag to beat on unsuspecting guys who treat the game as a recreational hobby and walk...
  16. AWall13

Does Your League Govern which classes you play?

I don't play tournaments anymore because hard to get full weekends off so I'm not a classified player or registered at any level. Probably best description is a D player. The place I play league ball has leagues 6 days a week. They have a C league when they can get enough teams, but most of...
  17. AWall13

Guys knowledgable on 13'-14' utrip bats with stamps

Our league changed a few rules this year: -No foul to waste -Homers after limit are now offensive ejection instead of DBO So I am looking for a balanced feeling and swinging bat to order in 30 oz. I am typically a pull hitter who swings 27 maxloads (current bat is a 27 max mizuno...
  18. AWall13

Retirement? When Will You Stop Playing?

My dad and uncles were very different from each other but seem to sum up the three categories I see: #1: My dad was Centerfielder who hit for power and had good arm and good speed. Broke his ankle, lost speed. Played third for a few years, still could hit, still good arm. Tore rotator cuff...
  19. AWall13

Am I crazy? QB dilemma

Played Stafford all year and now in the finals. Alot of guys like the play what got you there mentality, but i'm thinking with $400 on the line next week i'm going to play......... Kirk Cousins vs. Dallas:wtf2: Am I nuts?:confused: I also have Nick Foles and Matt Ryan because I'm an...
  20. AWall13

Uh oh....my running backs are all dying.

12 Team League. Pretty standard scoring, but bonus point for completions, rushes, and catches over 40 yards. Made a blockbuster trade and sold the farm trying to get the money, but left really no bench depth and prayed for health. Now running backs are falling like flies and may be more likely...