Search results

1. M

Glove Help (Rawlings, Marucci C-MOD, etc)

Agree. Finger pads are nice, but you kind of break a natural one in over time and the horween is durable enough over the haul.
  2. M

Help me replace my Old Reliable

By feel, I would put the HoH ahead of the A2000’s on stiffness and structure. The HOH is also noticeably heavier but not in a way that impacts playability. There are a couple of caveats to my thoughts on the two gloves : 1) my favorite glove for a long time was an A2000, so I don’t think there...
  3. M

One other datapoint, in my experience the ease of breaking-in gloves the natural way is: Mizuno deguchi kip leather (easiest), A2000, A2K, and HOH (stiffest). Assumes not pre-squeezed at the shop, and only gloves I’ve purchased in the last ~3 years.
  4. M

In my limited experience, it may just be time to relace / recondition your Mizuno. It depends on what exactly it’s doing, but replacing inserts (if they’re broken/over flexed) and some fresh laces can add a lot of structure back to a glove. If the GCP has always been too floppy for you, then...
  5. M

Rawlings Customs made in Philippines?

I’m happy with the one I purchased this year. I’ve seen some complaints that some of the lacing could have been done better (laid flatter), but I didn’t have that issue.
  6. M

Rawlings Customs made in Philippines?

Yep. Philippines. The customs used to come from the U.S. but they switched a couple of years back.
  7. M

What’s your favorite glove that you ever played?

Awesome 12.5” and single hinge break. :)
  8. M

I love the tan with gray split welting look!
  9. M

Opinions on lacing color

I think it’s this one… https://forums.softballfans.com/index.php?threads/anyone-else-not-a-fan-of-kip-leather.1407811/post-18450132 I have a GMP first base mitt. 3 years old. Maybe used for 9 games total and the occassional catch…tell me I’m not the only one with an infrequent use first base...
  10. M

Opinions on lacing color

I like my blue laces, but they do bleed onto everything. Black with Tan laces is a good combo (Ken Griffey G Jr special). The Black and Blonde combo seems to be in vogue these days, and may be a good combo with the welting on that glove. White always looks weird to me…grey / white.
  11. M

Rawlings Custom

Looking forward to seeing the pics on 6 weeks. :)
  12. M

Rawlings Custom

Fastback!
  13. M

Yes. I relaced a few times and it brought some shape / life back to the glove that tightening and re-tying didn't.
  14. M

Rawlings Custom

Not super helpful…my 206F index to palm was a little over 1/4” under 12” but it’s stretching a little with break-in. I’m guessing normal factory breaking might be part of their size assumption or the 206 forms generically produce a smaller glove. Best bet if no one replies may be to check out...
  15. M

Rawlings Custom

I’m not familiar with those models. Out of curiosity though, what’s your definition on smaller/larger? Hand fit? Pocket depth? Reach? My clue on reach has been comparing deep vs normal vs shallow depth pockets of the same size glove and assuming a shallower pocket of the same size glove will...
  16. M

Obscure question of the day - vintage gloves

That is super cool. I picked up a shoeless joe 1956. It’s a weird kind of stiff. I’ll post a pic once I get it formed.
  17. M

Lol. Definitely endorse the relace comment. I’ve relaced that one a couple of times and it added life every time…and I’m not the best with laces. I finally retired it when I developed that wave effect in the palm.
  18. M

Here’s my second glove, ever. It’s a Rawlings RBG embossed with the signature of “the Tony Gwynn”. I feel like this was the same glove half of the kids were using in the late eighties. This one has def seen some better days with cuts and scrapes, but it’s only a little floppy and reminds of...
  19. M

Help me in my glove journey

Softball in a 12” DW5. This glove hasn’t seen any action and mostly sits as decoration in my office. The Yak leather is an interesting novelty. :) When you go up to a 12.5” you’ll get more space at the end of the web. My old DW5 always felt like it required a perfect catch in softball or a...
  20. M

Help me in my glove journey

The return!