Search results

1. mpk

DCT 1B Mitt

I ended up playing a lot of 1B for my rec team this year so I'm looking to pick up a 1B mitt before next season and I like the look of the DCT. Not really sure what I'm looking for as far as leather type or colorway but I gravitate toward classic combos. If you have a DCT to move, hit me up.
  2. mpk

New Rawlings HOH Custom in Golden Brown

I love it! Looks amazing. You did good on the custom options! I especially like the black embroidery.
  3. mpk

44 pro signature series

Do a search, there's many threads on them. You can also take a look at my post history, I've started a thread or two about them. TLDR - decent gloves, especially for the price (always wait for a sale) considering the customizability but not quite as good as a Rawlings, Wilson, etc. Gloveworks...
  4. mpk

Now that I think about it, the glove I had mocked up with a black shell and GB palm would probably have been pretty sick with this darker shade of GB.
  5. mpk

At one point I had thought about getting a glove with timber because I like the tone so much. Decided not to get it because it's heavier and is reported to scuff easier. Kinda ended up with a timber glove that doesn't scuff easy :D.
  6. mpk

Had a fellow board member ask how the GB is looking after a bit of use so thought I'd post up a few pics. Keep in mind this glove is meant to be a user, not a collection piece. After the original round of pics we dunked it in hot water :eek: and did a round of mallet work and catch while it...
  7. mpk

I have to agree. My fav of the bunch.
  8. mpk

I'm a devout split gray fan myself but I cant deny that rolled welt looks really good on certain gloves, @NYC and @jkwoody22 included. There's not a rhyme or reason to the ones I like but they do trend towards the darker end of the earth tone leathers. I'm pulling for ya! Fingers cross as...
  9. mpk

Dang! I am so tempted to order this exact glove! Never had a 6 finger but I always thought I would like one and one with black embroidery would be perfect! How bout you give Chad the word before I do? :D
  10. mpk

Sorry I missed this comment earlier. Split black welting is one of the most underrated glove options ever!
  11. mpk

That was my intent ;).
  12. mpk

Nice. Very classy looking glove here. Love the black embroidery. Make sure to post some pics so we can all check it out.
  13. mpk

They really are fantastic tractors. For the compact utility tractor class there's none better. Green paint for some reason costs a lot more than orange and JD doesn't even make their compact utility tractors themselves! Kubota makes all their own stuff, engines and all. Had mine for 10 years...
  14. mpk

Ok, a few more pics while it's still pristine. The break in process starts tonight. Brought my DMS pro1000 in JTan along for this photo shoot for another comparison point. It's well used and has had several coats of conditioner, darkening it's leather significantly. Last one...
  15. mpk

Agreed. The target market is all the crazy color combos. Just look at all the glove of the month gloves. Good on Chad for sticking up for all the traditionalists.
  16. mpk

The Pecard stuff darkens leather a little but not as much in some other conditioners. For my son's glove I'll probably use Wilson pro stock. It's been real good on other gloves I've had and it's easy to work with. I'm pretty sure it will darken the leather but I'm ok with that. Junior's...
  17. mpk

Wilson could get a bunch of business if they offered split welt in their customs. Right now, Rawlings only offers split gray and split black. Clearly, Wilson has the capacity to offer tone on tone split welt based on the OG and saddle tan SBF SP125s. Do it already!
  18. mpk

Nice. Pics will definitely be in order.
  19. mpk

If you like what you see here I wouldn't hesitate. It's a gorgeous leather, especially with the split gray welting. I had also mocked it up with royal patches and embroidery since that is typically our team colors but decided red was less risky. Now that I see the leather, I bet royal would...
  20. mpk

A few more along with my horween KB17 for comparison of the leather color. Note: the KB17 has seen a season of infield work and a couple coats of Pecard glove conditioner which has darkened the leather a bit.