Search results

1. G

Horween vs Ansonia leather

Are you sure they were made with Ansonia? I remember reading a debate on either glove works or the vintage forum about that a few years back and the consensus was that it was a different leather. I only have one 80s Japan a2000 but it definitely doesn't feel like Ansonia.
  2. G

Yeah, they're amazing gloves. Fastback with a closed web but my mouth still waters looking at this one - 323015570191 - and if it was an XLO, XXL or 1440 in that condition it would have been long gone.
  3. G

For me, Ansonia and old school Horween (the Blackhorse code 555 stuff) are the best glove leathers ever made. Wilson only used Ansonia leather on their USA gloves, so Japanese made a2000's have japanese leather. Still good stuff, but doesn't compare to Ansonia. The ansonia a2000's came out of...
  4. G

Came across this gem, NWOT 3 dot PRO-CMD

Beautiful glove. Definitely from 1998. The first year they went back to the dot dating after the Blackhorse dating. Since it's not Blackhorse there's no way to be positive that it's Horween b/c they were still using Guttman and the Tennessee Tannery for USA HOH leather back then but based on...
  5. G

Rawlings Revolution HOH Glove Info/Specs

I have one. It's the Griffey model. Same pattern as the pro-tb24. The Gwynn model was an H-Web fastback called the pro-rf13 (although it also had the lightning bolt design on the back and the same colors). There were two color schemes for the pro-jr24. This one and a blue and grey one that...
  6. G

Quality glove relacer in LA-area?

That's pretty far from me but thanks! Have you guys used him before?
  7. G

That's right, I did do this! And your work was fantastic, Dan! You should rent a food truck and take your glove work on the road. First stop, Los Angeles?
  8. G

That's so... weird.
  9. G

No doubt. You top guys on here who offer high quality work do it at a fantastic price. I definitely wasn't trying to undercut that. I mentioned the guys on my team looking for relacing mainly b/c it would really drive up shipping costs. Throwing 10-15 gloves in a box(es) is going to cost a silly...
  10. G

I'm looking for someone in Southern California, he's up north.
  11. G

Hey guys! I know there's a bunch of people on here who do fantastic jobs relacing gloves - I've used a few of them and have yet to be disappointed - but paying shipping can get a little annoying and I also have a few team members who need glove work done so I'm trying to see if there are any...
  12. G

Rawlings USA HOH Blackhorses!

I feel very confident in saying it would be impossible to make a knockoff Blackhorse Horween that actually looked like a Blackhorse Horween. Also, be a pal and sell me that PRO-6Blue. Thanks!
  13. G

No problem :)
  14. G

Nah, bro. They look mad fake. I feel bad. I'll take them off your hands for $20.
  15. G

Jim Thome's 3B glove.. what was it? A2000 XL? XLO?

No disrespect meant. You're absolutely right about the feel of Ansonia leather and I'm sure you know the difference. Maybe the Japan-made a2000's you've had are pro issue and they used Ansonia for pro issues back then? And maybe that's what the "2" stamp on the inside signifies? I don't know. I...
  16. G

That MLB logo tag on the wrist might put this in the "Pro Select" family of Wilson A2000's from the early 90's. Not sure. If it's a standard XLO then that writing on the thumb probably just says: "THE A2000"-XLO
  17. G

The date code is on USA gloves - it's a 2 letter code by the "nylon stitched" wording on the outside of the thumb. First letter was year, second letter month. The gloves were only made at the Ironton factory in Ohio so there's no need for a factory code. And a2000 USA gloves were only made with...
  18. G

You have a Japan-made A2000 with the Ansonia stamp code? You sure? I've never heard of that before.
  19. G

A2000's were all USA made until around 1980 and then they were made in both Japan and USA until around 1987 when the production moved exclusively to Japan.
  20. G

It definitely looks like an XLO. Same web and overall shape. Thome is a big dude and that glove still looks pretty big on him. Wouldn't be surprised if it was a narrow 12.5". My early 80's USA XLO isn't wide at all. I doubt it's USA made though. Pretty sure all of Wilson's production moved...