Search results

1. K

new bat narrowed down to 2... help me choose

An update for those interested: I have had my 27 oz Juggy for a couple weeks, have yet to see a game (rain outs the first week). I hit about 75 balls with it to start waking it up and I love the swing and feel. I don't hit as far as I used to but as I mentioned I've had back and shoulder surgery...
  2. K

Thanks fellas for the input- I just hung up with the SBF store, got a 27 oz Juggy on the way.
  3. K

Thanks again, I'm looking hard for a new Fu-Dawg that isn't $299 - I might just bite the bullet as I think this will be the one I want to try. If anyone in Mid MI knows of a good place to get my hands on a good selection of bats to swing I'm all ears.
  4. K

Safety Practices When Pitching

Good advice and points. I pitched for a few years and took one off my shin that was gruesome. The thought of that happening to my face was unnerving. I miss it but I don't trust my reflexes at my age. Nothing but respect for the guys who do it, especially the crafty ones who do it well.
  5. K

Doug- the AV was an EL. I was swinging a 30 oz until I had back surgery and just couldn't get the bat speed after that. I also tried a Miken NRG for 2 seasons after the AV but didn't like the feel of it. I have eliminated the first two, looking at a Juggy or Fu Dawg now if I can find one. Where...
  6. K

Juggy is $299 at SBF new. Unless I am missing that $200 price somewhere? You know Justice2318, that would ultimately be the deciding factor, swinging them before I buy. Where I am (Mid MI) there isn't anywhere I have found within an hour of me that has the selection of slowpitch bats worth...
  7. K

Thanks for the feedback- yeah, not much BP opportunities here (other than cages which I avoid). I was thinking the FU might take awhile to break in compared to the Juggy. There isn't a bat on my team newer than 10 years or that cost more than 75$. The mindset is if you have a good swing you...
  8. K

I've narrowed down to the FU Dawg or Juggy. I am thinking I will drop to 27 oz as well.
  9. K

No offense taken doG! I am scratching and clawing my way to play into my 50's , will be happy if I get a couple more good years in. OK- I may be opening a BIG can o worms, I just called the Rec League and it will be COR .44 balls for us. Soooo.... I assume I should move away from the two I...
  10. K

You know, this league (local township) takes forever even to get the new schedules out, usually a few days before the season; I emailed and asked about the balls but likely won't find out until the season starts (May 5th).
  11. K

Hi fellas- I'm a 49 y/o, play low division, summer rec league ASA softball; have been playing for about 20 yrs. I had back surgery in 2009, rotator cuff in 2013, had used a Combat Anti-Virus 30 oz prior to 2009 but needed to switch to a lighter bat. With that bat I was good for a homerun every...