Search results

1. S

verbal interference from runner/dugout

Please help point me to a rule in an ASA rulebook if there is one, but the situation came up on a flyball to the the pitcher. The runner on 2nd yelled, ''i got it'' and the fielders all backed away and the ball fell uncaught. Does this fall under unsportsmanlike conduct, result in a warning and...
  2. S

Non-linear bats

Are non-linear barrels not approved for USSSA/NSA? None of the non-linear model bats I can think of are approved for USSSA/NSA. Even the Miken/Worth ASA bats (EST/Platinum/DC41) with non-linear 4 piece designs had to be modified to 2 piece to get USSSA/NSA approval... I'm assuming this is...
  3. S

Compression tester

Does anyone have a compression tester that can answer some questions for me? If you have one, what do you use it for? Do you run leagues/tourneys that require bats pass compression? Do you travel if a sanction tourney needs someone to test bats? Have you found ways to make money with the...
  4. S

ASA Runner hit by batted ball

ASA State with 2 umpires, runner on 2nd base. The batter hits a liner to our pitcher who tips the ball with his glove, the ball does not change course and is not slowed down by the pitcher. The runner on 2nd jumps up off the base and it struck with the ball. Our 5 man is playing 2 feet behind...
  5. S

ASA batted/thrown ball rolls under the fence

We had 2 situations come up recently and can't find specific rules that detail what the call should be... 1) An outfielder dove after a ball and missed the catch (touched the ball) and the ball rolled under the fence. Does the call depend on whether the ball was touched or not be a fielder? The...
  6. S

2017 Flipper compression testing

(i'm sorry if this discussion is already somewhere else, i couldn't find anything by searching) Does anyone have information on the ASA compression testing of a 2017 Flipper OG/USA? I was told the 2017 hasn't been approved to test at the non-linear bat limits. Basically if they do not preload...
  7. S

NSA coed restrictions

Does anyone know the restrictions for NSA coed? Is there a points limit for guys/girls and if there is, where can i find that? Thanks,
  8. S

Miken/Worth or Easton buy-in sponsorships

Has anyone used the team "buy-in" sponsorship options that Miken/Worth or Easton have available? I know the up front pricing but wondering if anyone who has used them in the past can speak to the overall deal and how it worked out for them... Thanks
  9. S

League tie breaker question for seeded tourney

2 teams are tied at 17-17. They were 1-1 in league play against each other. We haven't kept track of scores for every game. I don't like the thought that teams would be running up the scores against each other in order to win a tie breaker later in the year, but i know some leagues might take...
  10. S

ASA Game cancelled for rain in bottom of 1st inning

Is there a rule (or has there been a rule in the past) that a game should be restarted from the beginning if 1 full inning hasn't been played? An older team in our league claims that has been an ASA rule for years, but I personally haven't heard it. Does the game continue from the same situation...
  11. S

For Sale/Trade J3, Worths, Eastons

Send me a message with any offers. -Synergy Helmer SCN16BH 28oz $60 -Worth Mayhem BJ Fulk 27oz -$75 -Worth Mayhem Warfighter, new NSA/USSSA stamps 27oz $60 -Stealth Comp SCN9 very clean $110 -J3 - 27oz, -SOLD I'm selling J3, Helmer, and Fulk for a buddy so I don't have exact history on them...
  12. S

Staying warm during January tourney

I'm playing in a tourney this weekend and looking for ideas on how to keep warm. Obviously i'll have warm clothes, thick hat, football handwarmer, and thick breathable socks on... But would it make much difference to have a propane heater for the dugout? Would it make much of a difference to...
  13. S

Reviews on '16 Worth Mayhem SBMAYD

Anyone have reviews on this bat? The more detail the better, anything that comes to mind when swinging this bat. Thanks,
  14. S

LTB Strikeout Jersey

Just looking for a creative strikeout jersey for a fun beer league i'm in. I'd like it to be 2XL or 3XL if possible. PM me info about buy-in's or any lightly used ones also. thanks,
  15. S

For Trade Trade 28oz Scott Kirby USSSA

I have a Kirby with 10 swings looking to trade for a NIW miken or worth. I have other similar Easton's and i'm just looking to try something new. This is basically NOW, comes with receipt and all. It's in great shape, i can send other pics if needed but it's basically flawless. PM any offers...
  16. S

Classic + or Classic M?

I'm playing in an outdoor tourney and have the option to use Classic + or Classic M. I'm planning to use either the Evil or XRock but need help determining which ball to buy. It'll be unlimited HR'S also. Does either ball perform better or last longer? I haven't played much USSSA before, but...
  17. S

'16 Derby Boys Chris Greinert 275

Anyone have any reviews on this bat? I am getting one in trade NIW and wondering what the opinions are on this bat. Does anyone know about break in time yet, or does it feel pretty good out of the wrapper? Is it worth opening and hitting or are people not impressed with it?
  18. S

Illegal bat situation in league

Here's the story: ASA 'sanctioned' league, guy broke a '14 green Worth Legit at a league HR Derby mid season, threw it in the trash and left. He had been rumored to own shaved bats but only league chatter, nothin more then rumors. A buddy of mine grabs the bat from the trash can and throws it...
  19. S

LTTF Looking for ASA Wood bats! 5+

I have alot of bats for trade towards 5+ wood ASA softball bats. I will be having at least 1 wood bat tourney this spring and plan to provide bats for the tourney. I have quite a few new and OG bats that i will trade toward NEW OR USED wood bats. Please let me know what you have or if you...
  20. S

Not GTG Chucktown BEWARE!

Its been 2 weeks and i've tried multiple ways of getting ahold of Chucktown, the shoes i bought have not been received and he hasn't responded to any messages even though his account shows he's been online. His paypal name that came up is Jay Dicus, if anyone knows the guy please get ahold of...