Search results

1. SammyJaxxx

Shortstop Scenario - What to do?

You missed the proper play. Get the out at second and the second baseman rifles it behind the runner at third who took a lazy turn at third and you double that lead runner up.
  2. SammyJaxxx

Titanium Bat

I would buy it at auction if could grab it for cheap. My guess is it won't just be that bat. It will be a lot of a bunch of old bats. There is one listed on ebay for $1,200.00. Listing it and the actual value are two very different things. Here is the description from the seller...
  3. SammyJaxxx

Wood bat

Viper Bats https://www.viperbats.com/products/softball-bats
  4. SammyJaxxx

To Stay or Go?

If I were you I would not go back to that team. But in all honesty, it sounds like they made the decision. From the team standpoint, You can be on the team but you will only play when a bunch of people are missing sounds a lot like "He's just not that into you."
  5. SammyJaxxx

Pulling off

If you are pulling out, I would try starting with an open stance. Stepping in will help with your top half pulling out.
  6. SammyJaxxx

36 oz. vs 26 oz. bat in BP

You definitely cannot do a marathon session with the thunderstick. Too hard on the hands
  7. SammyJaxxx

36 oz. vs 26 oz. bat in BP

When I go to the cages to get in some swings, I always hit a ton of balls with my Easton Thunderstick. It is 37 ozs. Thunderstick
  8. SammyJaxxx

Happy New Year - Are you playing this year?

Yes I plan on playing this year. It will be my 38th year playing.
  9. SammyJaxxx

lol 3 digit temperature.... and ball distance...

Never mind the heat, the humidity kills the distance on fly balls. The ball doesn't travel as far when you it is flying through soup.
  10. SammyJaxxx

Opinions on lacing color

I did my black glove with Purple laces. I really like it.
  11. SammyJaxxx

Just walk off the field

You should consider reading what you post for some basic grammar and punctuation. Your post doesn't make much sense.
  12. SammyJaxxx

Worst Excuse for No Show

Not for softball but, one of my friends in high school missed wrestling weigh ins because he was waiting for "C'mon Eileen" video to play again on MTV.
  13. SammyJaxxx

Any TAGGING UP

I play with someone who does this quite often. The problem is that it looks like he is leaving early. I have seen him called out a few times because it appeared that he left early when he didn't. The ump can see him move but not see his feet and the bag.
  14. SammyJaxxx

What is your favorite bat of all time?

I'm with Blackcherry about the Ultra II. That bat was sick. My other favorite would be the Louisville Slugger Voltage. That one was pretty close to the Ultra II.
  15. SammyJaxxx

Safety Practices When Pitching

Occasionally, I will take some grounders at third or short during BP. But I am just doing it to warm up. You can't really practice not getting hit the face with a screaming comebacker.
  16. SammyJaxxx

cold weather socks and gloves?

When you are getting socks get merino wool.
  17. SammyJaxxx

Have a hotter lineup?

Everything looks brand new. Maybe get out there and swing some of those bats.
  18. SammyJaxxx

13 or 14 inch Glove

I find a 14 inch glove to be too big. Try a couple on and see how they feel.
  19. SammyJaxxx

Glove Reccomendation - 3B/Hybrid

Size wise you are probably best at 12.5 to 13 inch models. I am a fan of Vinci gloves. I think they play a little short so you may want to go up a .25 of an inch. Most importantly though, you need to try a few on and see what feels good on your hand.