Search results

1. Roo

For Sale Combat Antivirus Reload 98

I curious: How do these compare to the Standard AV? I finally broke my AVEL at the end of last season.. I might be interested (Canuck though; but I will take care of any shipping if i decide to pull the trigger).
  2. Roo

Anderson SP composite

I am befuddled by their comment regarding the small knob. Most of Tumble's old guard will agree that the small knob was an epic feature. I know I do: I hate bats will manhole covers at the base of the handle.
  3. Roo

New Slow Pitch bats

If the Anderson knob is gone...then it will be a sad day.
  4. Roo

Combat Gurus: Looking to replace my AV. Need advice

Myself and a good friend I play with did hug it out after this happened. We both used this bat, and loved both the feel AND the durability. We also held a mini-wake over a bottle of 12 yr old Scotch...
  5. Roo

Ok guys. I have found a Canuck Board Bro with a 27 AVEL for sale. Thanks for your help!!
  6. Roo

All, After several seasons of faithful service my AVEL finally had two huge cracks appear (second last at bat of my Modified League). I'm looking for info on the comparable current models from Combat. I have a DC41; but it isn't quite the same...
  7. Roo

Combat Derby Boy's G3 275 DBGSP2

Wondering how stiff this model is. My AV just blew up and I'm looking into a non-ASA replacement.
  8. Roo

My first

Sounds like a 2012. Great bat if so.
  9. Roo

Anderson Huers General Discussion: The Sequel

Watching this channel for your review Smarks.
  10. Roo

I gotta admit...

Metal performs as well, if not more consistently than comps in the hot-hot heat IMO.
  11. Roo

softball a dying sport?

We call Modified "Orthodox" up here, and I agree that it has considerably dwindled in numbers (even though it is the better of the two games when compared to slowpitch).
  12. Roo

How long will you play this game?

Started in 1967 (7 years old). Still here. No plans to stop until age truly catches up with me.
  13. Roo

time for a new backpack

Get a walker then.
  14. Roo

For the Gurus: Anderson headed for "Boot Hill"?

Will monitor the channels for signs of life.
  15. Roo

For the Gurus: Anderson headed for "Boot Hill"?

Just wondering what word (if any) we have had since TB was shunted out. I'm going to be in the market soon, and have a big question mark hanging over my wallet.
  16. Roo

Anderson Huers General Discussion: The Sequel

I play 5x5: Our girls don't bloop. ;)
  17. Roo

best metal bat?

Are you allowed composite handles with metal barrels? The newer model years of Andersons are solid: I picked up some 2012 RT's and TZ's for my metal league team, and they are performing excellently. OGRT is what I refer to as "The Poor Man's PST". It is a TANK. - If you get one in near-new...
  18. Roo

These guys on Facebook crack me up....

The pros follow this on Twatter.
  19. Roo

top 10 asa bats

Archive this with the rest.
  20. Roo

Durability of OGRT?

If the temp is below 60: Use at your own risk (this applies to ANY metal walled bat). But: The OGRT is a tank. I used mine in temps that fell between 50-60 many times with no damage. It is one of the only bats I would risk using below the "60 line". Even newer models of Andersons (let alone...