Search results

1. NYC

Mizuno Pro Question

I was always told from hardcore Mizuno glove heads that "If it doesn't say Made in Japan on a Mizuno then it's not made in Japan". The Japanese glove makers are supposedly very proud of their work.
  2. NYC

Horween Leather Leads

The new Ozzie Smith model (Pro12tc) from Don Morton has a full horween liner, I think most of the other recent releases have the black squishy foam.
  3. NYC

Official Glove Ho Thread Part Duece

I'd rather hear a former player talk about the intricacies and strategies of the game than the obvious play-by-play and overly dramatic calls from Joe Buck or Matt Vasgersian.
  4. NYC

Official Glove Ho Thread Part Duece

Arod has one of the smartest baseball minds in the game.
  5. NYC

Vintage Rawlings Big "R" Playmaker gloves

I don't like that "Korea" mark, from everything I've heard neither Rawlings or Wilsons were ever made in Korea. I'm not 100% sure though.
  6. NYC

Major/AA/A players turf shoes

Nike Trout 7 Turf
  7. NYC

For Sale Annual Rawlings Dealer DTO RGGC

The old school black rawlings gloves from the 80s and 90s had either gold or silver palm stamps. I think it looks better than indent.
  8. NYC

Wilson March 2021 GOTM

I have a PI ST 1781 I might move. I hear this is a good release but obviously will pale in comparison to a pro issue. As far as the 5 loop handstall goes, I think their new liners help to tighten up the feel on these Vietnam A2000's.
  9. NYC

REV1X

I'm interested to see if it's just Rawlings' version of superskin.
  10. NYC

Rawlings HOH PRO200SO Fastback??

@davisrelacing check out the binding on this one, do you think it's regular horween or oil tanned horween? Or something else.
  11. NYC

Who knows when the PRO-TB became the PRO-TB24?

The round "R" logo is still around. I've seen recent Japanese rubber ball glove remakes that had the round "R" logo. I'm not sure if it's a Japan only sort of thing but it would be cool if the next SBF exclusive run can add that feature.
  12. NYC

Rawlings HoH Black Horween Versus Pro Preferred Black Kip

Maybe just list it as "dry tan" for horween and "tan" for the Jtan, I think mostly people in the know would figure out which one is horween. They have a few horween models on the rawlings site and they don't have any price increase. They should have just used those hides for the custom builder.
  13. NYC

Wilson RM-90 (A2000) Looking for INFO

Single welting, and that Wilson MLB patch on the pinky I'd guess it's from around 1994. Here's Kirby Puckett's game used glove from 1995, same wrist and pinky patch...
  14. NYC

Who knows when the PRO-TB became the PRO-TB24?

It's a 97. Mine from 1993 has that same light colored palm as well.
  15. NYC

Pro issue rawlings

They feel like customs.
  16. NYC

We've been hoping about the possibility of tan Horween on the builder for the better part of a decade by now. I'm getting old.
  17. NYC

But again, even from the recent horween releases from the past 5 years or so you can tell that some of them are extremely nice and some of them are crappy, even if it is horween. I hear that catcher's and 1B gloves are made from thicker leather, it would be cool to request that type of leather...
  18. NYC

I've had some crappy made in USA horween gloves that felt thin and flimsy, and others that felt stiff like a turtle shell with a sandpaper-like finish. I think you just have to get lucky because I've seen some really stiff custom HOH in black leather with beefy inserts made of thick cuts of...
  19. NYC

Rawlings Pro Preferred Leather - Which Color Performs Best?

I've seen timber binding that looks lighter than timber leather, a really nice old school shade to it but as we know timber can be all over the place.