Search results

1. J

Throwing the bat.

Yes, like did you enjoy the show? If you did nothing then it must have been nothing. Boiling because he went yard? Could his actions have caused a potential injury to anybody? If so and you did nothing shame on you. UNSPORTSMANLIKE CONDUCT.
  2. J

Offline throws

Reason I say this atom splitters, Tuesday night, catcher steps in front of the plate, maybe 3 feet or less. Fast runner rounded 3rd, frozen rope comes in from LC fielder. Ball arrives split second as runner comes by who sees catcher about to catch ball. Ball caught, runner tagged in back of...
  3. J

Offline throws

Yes just yes. They did NOT say impede. They said collide. Did you see them run towards the incoming throw NO YOU DIDNT!!! taking the word of the player does not mean you are always right. Common sense knows you can block a advancing runner. Once again...did you see throw? But if it's timing and...
  4. J

Offline throws

They never said impede. You didn't see the play. What if it was on point, timing was right and a catch and tag could have happened. Show me a rule that says, defense can't try to catch a thrown ball. Play some ball instead of reading a book. Especially when it comes to home plate. So....if...
  5. J

ASA Last night

Tie????? And sounds to me like this umpire is on the take, an idiot, crack head... unless it's an all senior league senior bats not allowed. I think a UIC. and league director needs to meet on this.
  6. J

Batter's box

Hitting a ball up the middle. I see it happen a lot!
  7. J

Is throwing overhand just an illegal pitch?

Oh sorry water walker
  8. J

Offline throws

You have the right to go after a ball, as well as the runner has the right to their running lane. If you two collide a judgement call will need to be made. I do have to ask this, if the play is that close as mentioned you may want to try to save a run versus keeping a runner on second from...
  9. J

ASA Well, it finally happened - (where to start)?

USA softball... very patriotic!!! I stand with hand over my chest during the national anthem! Proudly!
  10. J

Batter's box

Exactly... the ORIGINAL threads then number 3 insinuated like they didn't have enough "room" to swing. Simple statement.
  11. J

Ow that's funny. Didn't think about it might just piss that batter off"!! Lol
  12. J

Is this thread still breathing? Come on let's talk about other questions or rulings.
  13. J

Batter's box

He referred to his stance needing room. Plenty of room. Unless you know the game and have ball placement skills. Pitchers beware.
  14. J

Batter's box

Don't forget to add the plate width along with that. Almost 5 feet,
  15. J

It does for me. USA Softball. I love ❤️ my flag.
  16. J

Advance on foul ball

No matter what association run counts. Good teams will yell out....let it fall. Runner can't tag up then that is dead ball.
  17. J

Running back to avoid tag

Very good base running!
  18. J

The USA clearly states the rules of pitching. It doesn't mention an overhand fastball/baseball style. I would definitely call it unsportsmanlike conduct. I'm not going to drag you through the coals, but I have to ask why would you agree to be in a D class league with unlimited homeruns? Who...
  19. J

You are right, no matter how I order pants they all need alterations! They make us wear the Heather gray and powder blue shirts all weekend. Last weekend though we had almost all umpires with the new shirts, ballbags, hat. Only thing the one USA hat available at moment is wool cap. Very hot. But...
  20. J

Video recording

If it's on the actual field any umpire should put an immediate stop to it as this is a safety concern then. We don't allow cell phones on the field with people taking selfies , etc. Let alone an actual video recording device.