Search results

1. S

JD8 vs 207 pattern

I know the JD8 is 12.5” and the 207 is 12.25 but curious to hear if anyone can give me a comparison. How much bigger does that 1/4 inch play on the JD8? Which pattern is wider? Looking for something to game at SS. Currently using a 12” GGE and it’s feeling a bit small as I get older.
  2. S

Pro Preferred Leather Thickness/ Weight

Anybody notice a difference between the PP leathers in terms of their thickness/ weight? I’ve got a rich tan and a camel PP but I was playing with my friend’s bruciato the other day (same model/ size as my 2) and it seemed much thicker and heavier. He said he didn’t oil it or anything. We...
  3. S

Storing gloves for the winter

How/ where do you guys store your gloves til spring? Specifically those of you who live in colder climates. I’m on the east coast so the winter may be brutal. Last season I stored my gloves in a trunk in my guest bedroom with a blanket on top to keep ‘em extra warm. But since then, my...
  4. S

LTB OG Z1000 ASA

The Grey and Maroon One. Preferably NIW. Any size.
  5. S

How to tell if a bat is dead

Hey Guys - I just got a used bat and cosmetically it looks to be in decent shape but I took some BP cuts and couldn’t really hit anything solid. I’ll be taking more BP next weekend but in advance of that, is there any other way to “test” the bat, or tell if it’s dead? Any red flags to look out for?
  6. S

Z1000 ASA vs USSSA

Hey guys - I have a USSSA Z1000 (red and black balanced) and I absolutely love it. My friend has the ASA Z1000 (blue and silver end load) and he’s offering to trade it for my USSSA. In your experience is there much of a drop off from the Z1000 USSSA to the ASA? What are the main differences...
  7. S

Gold & Plat lables

I've seen a lot of posts on instagram about fake vs non-fake gold and platinum labels. But I've not been able to find someone explain how exactly you can tell the difference. I'm looking to purchase some off eBay and don't want to get ripped off with fakes. Can anyone shed some light?
  8. S

Pro Preferred: Rich Tan vs Brucciato

For a custom. Which do you guys like better and why? Anyone with pics please feel free to post.
  9. S

Dudley Lightning vs Adidas Melee

Which one do you guys like better and why? Just curious to hear some opinions on these two sticks.
  10. S

Mizuno GMP100BK Question

Anyone have experience handling one of these? I'm looking at a 12" model and curious to hear some thoughts. Does it play true to size? I am currently gaming a DW5 at third base. How would it compare?
  11. S

Rawlings X-Laced single post web

Hey guys! Who has experience playing with the x-laced single post web? How's it look in person? I usually use an H-web or a modified single-post (has good depth, which I love), how does it compare? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!
  12. S

Wilson customizer

Anyone remember approx when Wilson updated their glove builder last year? Around August? Trying to hold out for the new colors etc.
  13. S

HOH vs. PP Break in

Which breaks in easier/ quicker in your opinion? I've been working on getting my PP 200 pattern to close thumb to pinky and it's taking forever. Just does not seem to want to form that way.
  14. S

Wilson ELO / Rawlings Comparable Glove

Hi guys... does anyone know which Rawlings model is most similar to the Wilson ELO 12.75"?
  15. S

Rawlings gold stamping

Can anyone weigh in on the durability of Rawlings gold palm stamping? Looking to get a custom and can't decide between gold or indented.
  16. S

Glove conditioning

I just got in my new custom a2000 and there are a ton of wrinkles/ cracks all over the back. Anything I can do to help? Would conditioning the glove do anything?
  17. S

Heel pad removal?

I've heard of people removing the heel pad or half the heel pad from their glove. What's the purpose of doing this?
  18. S

Rawlings vs Wilson size difference

I'm looking to get a custom Rawlings and want something that's as close to the same size as the 12" Wilson DW5 as possible. I currently have a Rawlings Dallas Keuchel model (PROS206-4BN) that's 12" but it seems to play a bit smaller than my 12" DW5. Any advice?
  19. S

Rawlings vs Wilson - size difference?

I'm looking to get a custom Rawlings and want something that's as close to the same size as the 12" Wilson DW5 as possible. I currently have a Rawlings Dallas Keuchel model (PROS206-4BN) that's 12" but it seems to play a bit smaller than my 12" DW5. Any advice?