Search results

1. T

Primo Supermax or DC-41 ?

So I want to buy a bat that is a notch heavier than I am swinging now. I am currently hitting a USSSA Primo 27" OZ. Maxload. I am considering a 28 OZ Primo Maxload or a 27 OZ DC-41 to swing more weight . I have tried a few bats of others, but the thing that destroys...
  2. T

Miken 20th Anniversary bats

Posters seem to like the Miken 20th Anniversary bats. I've never seen or handled one so I'm wondering what the senior version is like vrs Ultra 2 or Freak Black performance wise. I'd be interested in the maxloads..
  3. T

Trying to get straightened out on Freaks / 20th Anniversary / and Ultra 2's

I need some help understanding the differences on the above bats. I'm totally confused on the offerings, which is unfortunate as I have found what I like, but cannot determine where to go to buy a next bat. I have a Freak Black 27oz Maxload USSSA which I have found I like the best, I can swing...
  4. T

Price check ...a custom Pro Preferred 208

Probably another newbie mistake - ordering a glove I had not seen, tried on, and going by pictures and opinions; but then that's what I had to make a decision. The glove is a black pro preferred custom 208 that was bought this past season and is almost broken in and played in 2 games. A problem...
  5. T

Rawlings HOH Pro

I've been reading several glove threads and see the term HOH and HOH Pro used as if they are different gloves. (HOH Pro apparently being stiffer as new and longer lasting as to form than HOH.) (Not asking about colors and how they enter the stiff equation.) Is HOH Pro an older leather or...
  6. T

Breaking in a PP

So I recently got this Rawlings PP custom and asked for whatever they could do for a very firm/stiff thumb and pinky. I had borrowed a PP 601 just to try a Rawlings PP out and found it had promises though it was never really broken in all the way; but the overall weight and firmness felt good...
  7. T

Custom indent colors

Wondering it those Rawlings stamping colors on the custom gloves (specifically silver) have durability; or do they wear off soon. I'm guessing if they wear off they spend a lot of time being partially gone and not looking so great? That's the indent letters in the pocket area and Rawling name...
  8. T

Can anyone post a photo of a Rawlings 5048 (504 pattern) or 207 / 208 (200) pattern?

I would like to see two photo views of these two gloves from the front looking straight into the pocket showing the whole glove, and into the handstall showing the whole wrist area. Thanks!
  9. T

Decision time for glove...

I've waded through far too much material and time, but think I've arrived at one of two possible gloves. I cannot find any to actually try on - a big issue; and only have a few photos of some that turned up to try to determine which. Frankly, it's not the usual me to go ahead having just said...
  10. T

Considering a new custom glove, but having trouble understanding options

I have started playing senior softball a few years ago and have had trouble finding a glove I like. Mostly they all get too soft and the fingers bend back too easily. So I have discovered I prefer a stiffer glove - maybe I over condition, but don't think so. They work great after break in for a...
  11. T

Best USSSA bat for ASA 44/375 ball

Just joined a town rec slow pitch league and saw they use 44cor/375comp ASA balls. I think this is a prior approved ASA ball. All balls are marked as such with ASA stamp and the cor/comp ratings. This league also polices bats allowed which must be 1.20bpf stamped USSSA approved bats. I have no...
  12. T

Going from balanced to end loads - so what weight to buy?

I have swung 28 oz bats for a couple years as I began to play slow pitch softball. When I initially swung a few bats in a store it seemed I was swinging 27's and 28's all about the same speed. 30's were clearly too much and 26's too light, but not sure I was swinging them any faster either and...