Search results

1. S

Best outfield gloves if price doesn't matter

Yes. I ordered one of each from Grizzly Sports Fulfilled by Amazon and decided to return both the next day NWT. One of the Grizzly Sports/Amazon site refers to the Axiom Model specs and the other one doesn't. I was somewhat confused and thought I was buying the Non-Axiom which allows you to...
  2. S

Official Glove Ho Thread Part Duece

The Black and Gold really Pops!!
  3. S

PRO PREFERRED RICH TAN VS TAN HOH

Thanks for the input guys!
  4. S

By the way does anyone want to chime in on the extent of the color variations in Rawlings' Tan and/or Rich Tan? I am willing to invest in the extra money for a Pro Preferred if I thought the color would be generally a yellow golden color and that it would hold up at least as well as the HOH...
  5. S

Your experience is interesting because David the Gnome is suggesting ( I paraphrase) that the experience of most of the forum members is that the HOH keeps its shape longer and is more durable than the Pro Preferred. Personally, I do not mind taking the time to break in a glove if it looks...
  6. S

I am not sure that Rawlings uses the "J" designation to denote Japan/Japanese Tan. I could be wrong, but, I think that people on this site use "JTan as a short hand for Japan Tan as you might write HOH instead of Heart of the Hide. You do not see Rawlings use HOH to refer to its Heart of the...
  7. S

Thanks for the photos jethrodub. Nice collection!
  8. S

Thanks! Those two look very similar to me. The picture that Rous posted definitely does appear to have more orange shade in it. I prefer the color in your photos above! Go figure. I am vacillating between the Scarlet and the Vegas Gold Embroidery. Now I am leaning toward the Vegas Gold...
  9. S

Thanks David the Gnome. Your real world experience and that of other SF members is what I was looking for instead of marketing copy.
  10. S

Forgot to add: Yes the Pittard lining really feels great! Not surprised that it does not feel so amazing after a season of sweating in it!
  11. S

Makes sense. I agree Horween are probably not using a super thick cow for their Horween. Good info here.
  12. S

Thanks for the info. Pictures would be great!!
  13. S

Thanks David the Gnome. This is the kind of real world experience I am looking for instead of the traditional marketing copy.
  14. S

Dat Duke: Just curious. Does your reasoning also apply to the Non Horween HOH gloves that Rawlings is producing now-like the Japan Tan? I am guessing that the steer hide is still thicker and stronger?
  15. S

Thanks for the Link!
  16. S

Yup! No offense taken.
  17. S

I am not trying to criticize at all, I am a newbie just looking to learn and have a dialogue. Its just whenever I have seen the PP and HOH compared, it seems that PP is extolled as the more durable glove so I am having to re-calibrate what I thought was "common wisdom" I am happy to hear...
  18. S

DatDuke: I am a little surprised that you say this as my general impression from lurking on this site and others is that the Kip Leather of the Pro Preferred is more durable which I take to mean hold its shape longer compared to the HOH Steer hide. In addition, the Pittard Lining of the PP does...