Search results

1. D

Hitting tips for opposite field hitting.

I'm a low pitch, opposite field hitter, which most everyone I regularly hit against should know, but even the pitchers I've played against for 20 years haven't figured out that I don't like and can't hit pitches up and in.
  2. D

Tee thread?

My tee is probably different than what anyone else is using. I used to use, and still have, the kind with the heavy rubber home plate as a base. They're too heavy and awkward to easily carry, and storing them in the JobBox at the field wears out the base where the nut is, either due to sideways...
  3. D

Tee thread?

When I posted the above post, the weather looked like it was warming up and I had visions of hitting off the tee at least a couple of times a week. It was right at 80 degrees the last Sunday in Feb and the first Sunday in March, so a few of my teammates and I got together for live bp. The wind...
  4. D

Miken USA/ASA bats.

A young guy who subbed for my team a few times last year had a balanced Primo. He's not a big guy by any means, but one of the best athletes I've been around. He hit 2 HRs the 1st game he played with us. The bat sounded like it shattered every time he dropped it. When I asked how long he'd had...
  5. D

Where do you play?

I'd say He feels sorry for you. You're also a step closer to 1st.
  6. D

Tee thread?

I've waited far too long to join this thread, so here goes. I'm 68 and play doubleheaders in a rec league with the young guys on Sundays. I'm retired, so I have plenty of time to hit, and virtually unlimited access to the ballfield at my church where we hosted a co-ed league for 20 years. The...
  7. D

DC41 Supermax

Remember when .44/375s were the mush balls?
  8. D

Where do you play?

Primarily 3B. I'm 68, still playing with the young guys. Our other 2 options at 3rd have sons playing travel ball or are needed in the outfield. Otherwise, I EH, sometimes catch, and I played 1st a couple of games last year. I was our full-time SS into my mid-50s. I've been blessed!
  9. D

Miken Velocit-E Slow Pitch Softball Bat: SPVELA

I was subbing for a friend's team when the 1st baseman showed up with what he was told was the first Synergy sold in Des Moines. He fretted all through warm-ups, and right up to his first AB, about whether to take it out of the wrapper and use it, or return it. $125 was a lot of $$$, and his...
  10. D

arther itis is VGTG

Thank you!
  11. D

arther itis is VGTG

arther itis read that I've been looking for a particular bat and offered to sell me one he had at an excellent price. Shipped it on Sat, and I had it Tuesday.
  12. D

Bat Speed and Durability

arther itis read my earlier post and offered me a 30 oz 2021 Mach 1 for a good price. Should be here today. Don't know how many hits are on it, but it can't be too many since the original grip is in good shape. Those grips don't hold up well at all. Between this one and the 28 oz I bought last...
  13. D

Bat Speed and Durability

I've been blessed. At 68, I'm still playing with and against 20 and 30 year olds. I ever was a big home run threat, but I used to hit far enough to get a lot of doubles, triples, and more than my share of inside the park homers. I don't hit that far or run that fast anymore. Part of my problem...
  14. D

Bat Speed and Durability

That's the way I think, too, despite what I said above. I didn't buy or even try a composite bat until 2014 or '15. My alloy bats fit my swing, and I didn't see a need to change. I'm still not convinced I've gained anything. I bought 2 Mikens that summer, 1 intentionally and 1 "accidentally"...
  15. D

Bat Speed and Durability

Doggone it, I didn't need to see that in print! I've bought 2 bats in the last 5 months, and keep trying to talk myself into or out of buying another depending on the day. I have around a dozen I could/would use, and I get about the same results no matter which one I use.
  16. D

Proud Grandpa!

No. I'm not a TIP guy, and at this point, she has plenty of other things to figure out. If she plays next year, she'll have to move up an age group without her teammates, unless the coach decides to move the whole team up. At 9U, she'll have to figure out strike zones and more.
  17. D

Pro Preferred Pittards lining

The Pittards lining in my Pro Preferred is holding up well after 6 or 7 years of about 35 games a year. The glove is several years older than that, but it was never used or broken in until I started using it. I have noticed a little bit of separation between layers of the palm, but the leather...
  18. D

Proud Grandpa!

My granddaughter and her dad told me she needs a bigger bat and bigger glove, so I went through my stash. She swung a couple of bats in the basement last week and said either would work, but she didn't care for any of the several gloves I showed her. I dug a little deeper and found a couple more...
  19. D

29-30 oz bats

I have plenty of aluminum alloy 30 oz bats, maybe even a 32 oz, that I don't need. Mostly Worth Supercells, which are more endloaded than most, but some TPS bats as well.