Search results

1. J

Running up the score, taking extra bases, etc- thoughts?

My team has had some close games and games where we just get blown out. Some teams take the pedal off and don't try to run up the score but then like people will say it's still the responsibility of the losing team to stop the "flood gates". We're heading into our fourth season as a team and...
  2. J

Rover or extra OF???

Stick her near the guy that can make plays when the ball is hit there.
  3. J

Things that drive you crazy

No shows. Players that don't let you know if they will not make it or not. Players that don't show effort. And most important peeve is when a player thinks he's a big shot and always talks **** lol
  4. J

Music in the dugout

I didn't think it was possible The other team's pitcher was pitching inside at least think he was.
  5. J

Music in the dugout

Yes they are. I just figured he would award me first base but I guess in softball that doesn't happen?
  6. J

Music in the dugout

Weird how an ump tells a player to go home when he's not feeling any pain. Speaking of umps, this past game I had I got hit on the foot and the ump said "Don't even think about charging the mound haha"
  7. J

Music in the dugout

Everyone pays to play. That's why I said that everyone is free to make their own decision on whether to drink before the game or not. It's just a personal standpoint for me that's why I clarified myself.
  8. J

Music in the dugout

I went against my own rule last week when two of my players had a beer and they still played. haha.
  9. J

Music in the dugout

Haha. Don't get me wrong I want my team to have fun out there however; I rather play hard and have fun on the field first then drink. In fact, we played an early game last week and lost but went out for pizza and beer after.
  10. J

11 or 12 in lineup

This past game we only had 11 show up which worked out great. Everyone that showed up produced when hitting so I don't know if it was just one game everyone stayed relaxed or it was urgency to get our first win. We're 0-3 however; it's our first time playing together and a majority of the team...
  11. J

tournament lineup

Well not exactly. Because my hitters that have power might not always hit homeruns. But you bring up a good point though, if there is a guy with a solid OBP then the power could be an advantage. Never thought of that. Thanks.
  12. J

For Sale SOLD 2016 USSSA Flipper, 26 oz

Stamps?
  13. J

Unskilled Girls on Coed Team

For the last month I've been playing on a CoEd team because simply I wanted to get into softball. There are several women on the team that can't play worth a lick. There's a lack of hustle in some women when fielding the ball or even baserunning it's irritating. I get that women want to play to...
  14. J

11 or 12 in lineup

This is my first year with the team I have for our Men's softball league. I had 15 players however; two were dropped at my discretion because they had not gone to any practice. I have 13 players and in our league all 13 bats however; I have it set to where my three players on the bench will...
  15. J

tournament lineup

For my league team, I arranged the lineup by who can get on base, who has speed, who's been hitting consistently, i place my power hitters in the 3-4-5 and I have a quality hitter at 6 as well. I place myself in the 8th spot without any regard to how I'm hitting. On the CoEd team I've played on...
  16. J

Taking a walk

It's a walk. Sure it's not the way that most hitters want to get on base however; it's part of the game. He's practicing good plate discipline. But if it's a couple inches off the inside corner i would try to hit it opposite field.
  17. J

Just looking

Just looking if anyone has a Demarini OG or One that's a 26 oz.?
  18. J

New softball player.

New softball player.
  19. J

For Sale Semi Retirement Sale

What is the model number of the Torq? And dual stamp?