Search results

1. r8dr_rider

Strategy: Where & Why?

As a good base runner I always look for players throwing to the wrong base and I will advance. I’m 41 but still have wheels. I find that players will make bad throws when a seeing a runner advance.
  2. r8dr_rider

Strategy: Where & Why?

Always throw one base ahead. Don’t give extra bases or runs trying for a low percentage out
  3. r8dr_rider

2023 - Spring - Softball

I’m in So Cal we play year round. Although this rain has been cancelling a lot of games
  4. r8dr_rider

Describe One Of Your Best Defensive Plays

Any grounder I can get. 41 now and my grounder skills are **** nowadays. I used to be a solid SS now I’m lucky to grab a hard grounder at 1B or 2B
  5. r8dr_rider

Getting moved around in the batting order? Discuss

Oh and showing up makes big difference to me. You could be my best hitter but if you show up whenever you want and don’t tell me your batting 10 and playing catcher
  6. r8dr_rider

Back to the actual question. When I started managing it was because nobody wanted to. I was the most consistent hitter and would take a walk anytime. I was lead off. Fast forward to current time when I actually have real ball players on the team. I bat 8-9 now. I keep my top hitters...
  7. r8dr_rider

12 and 13 are the guys I see and say “damn I forgot to take them off the group chat”
  8. r8dr_rider

I try to keep the slow fat guys two batters apart. Limits the double plays.
  9. r8dr_rider

Is your own team chatter helpful?

When I was newb Joker got me many times. What ever happened to that @$$ hat?
  10. r8dr_rider

so I just realized I need negative talk when I’m batting. Guys saying I’m gonna strike out, fielders choice or pop up. Then I rock one. When they are positive is when I get an out
  11. r8dr_rider

Official Last Bat 2022

Played as a pick up. Last AB was a walk. Don’t ask me why I didn’t swing. We won 26-8
  12. r8dr_rider

I have a negative Nancy on my team. Points out everything wrong but when he has an error, pop up or strike out he blames it on something else. Then when I banter with him he gets mad lol.
  13. r8dr_rider

Baseball/Softball Pants v. Sweatpants

baseball pants usually more durable if you slide. If you don’t slide then wear ass less chaps. I used to wear pants and sliding shorts all the time and would slide a few times a game going for that extra base. I hit 40 and said **** this. No sliding anymore. Just shorts now.
  14. r8dr_rider

Official Last Bat 2022

Pop up to 7 to lose the game. 9-2. Not like we were gonna run a two out rally anyway
  15. r8dr_rider

Need to choose a few bats

I’d only touch the Fab 14s. Rest of those are too light or junk
  16. r8dr_rider

Good cleats

Boombah Turfs on clearance FTW
  17. r8dr_rider

Beat ITPHR

A single with errors you are all right. But it’s hilarious when you are on the offensive side. Not so much when on the D side
  18. r8dr_rider

Beat ITPHR

Just played a work tourney. Mix bag of good players and newbies. Funnest part of the game is watching players that have know idea what’s going on. My best HR was this: Solid grounder to 5-6 gap. 6 dives and grabs it. I’m basically at 1st so he doesn’t throw. But man on 2nd runs...
  19. r8dr_rider

Music and Weed.....

My team is that music blasting weed smoking and beer drinking team. If my kids are around I’ll tell them to change that stupid new rap music. Other then that it’s all good to go.
  20. r8dr_rider

Switching which side you bat from

When I played baseball I was a switch hitter. Actually liked hitting left cuz I would hit oppo and easily outrun a grounder to 3B is SS. Lefty hitters are closer to 1B and are naturally directed that way after a swing. but when I got into slowpitch I just stayed with right side since I had...