Search results

1. r8dr_rider

Beat ITPHR

Just played a work tourney. Mix bag of good players and newbies. Funnest part of the game is watching players that have know idea what’s going on. My best HR was this: Solid grounder to 5-6 gap. 6 dives and grabs it. I’m basically at 1st so he doesn’t throw. But man on 2nd runs...
  2. r8dr_rider

League Ump Fees

I’m taking a team back to a league that charges $30 a team per game for ump fees. The league we left was BLD and they charged $5 a person (over 12) years old to enter the stadium. Obviously taking the fam week after week was getting expensive. I’m thinking of charging every player in...
  3. r8dr_rider

Overlap vs traditional grip

Happy New Year SBF wanted some updated feedback on this topic. I recently changed to a full overlap grip. Feel has more whip but less control. During BP I’m getting the ball out a lot farther but noticed more pop ups as well. I’m working on separation to eliminate the hits off the...
  4. r8dr_rider

Is a walk a dead ball?

Playing a 2 pitch tourney. I’m the only runner on base at 2B. Two outs and batter only has one pitch left. On release I take off running and almost at 3B by the time the batter hits and it’s a grounder to OF and I make it home. Teammate then tells me lucky the batter didn’t walk...
  5. r8dr_rider

What bat should I use?

So I’m sick and tired of all the doom and gloom while surfing the internet. It’s all about vaxx and un vaxx and **** Biden and **** Trump. Stop the spread and blah blah blah. I go to this site to get away from it all. Also why I love the diamond, dirt and grass. So I think we...
  6. r8dr_rider

Slow Pitch Vs Golf

Had a debate with a co worker about these two sports. I’ve never been a golfer and think it’s more of a game rather then a sport. But coworker was talking smack about slowpitch saying softball is for girls why don’t you play real baseball. mind you he’s a golfer and has never played...
  7. r8dr_rider

Worth Super Platinum Dot BP

Been trying to find reviews on this ball. I have a bunch of old beat up 44s and 52s but need some new BP balls. Website states they are safe but just don’t know how safe a composite ball on a composite bat will hold. Don’t mind banging my old BP bats on this but hesitant on newer bats.
  8. r8dr_rider

Injuries

What type of injuries have you had and remedies that have helped? I was a sub playing left field for a co ed team this Monday (my team had a bye) and pulled my calf muscle. Unbelievable!! I did my regular pre game routine as I always do, stretch and jog. a routine grounder got past 3B I...
  9. r8dr_rider

Runner to first turns to left to walk back to base

I was playing 1B during league night. Guy hits grounder to short out runs the throw. I have the ball in my glove and watched him as he turned to the left back to the base. It was obvious he wasn’t trying to advance but I still tagged him. Blue said he wasn’t out because he wasn’t...
  10. r8dr_rider

Former BLD West Covina

Anyone hear of a new league starting at the park? It’s city owned now and have heard rumors of a new league night.
  11. r8dr_rider

Anarchy Bats

What’s the word on these bats? A lot of league guys are using them. I’m an old school Easton DeMarini guy, but these are kinda intriguing. I swung a friends Bud Light U Trip model during BP and it was fire out the wrapper. Sounded like a log, but was NIW and balls were flying...
  12. r8dr_rider

Advice needed batting order

Our team has normally been solid beer league champions season after season. This season we got bumped up to uppers. All of sudden the sticks are trash. I need to shake up the batting order and thought maybe I can get some advice here. Here are the players with some notes this is not the...
  13. r8dr_rider

Offensive stats

How many managers here keep stats on the team? Batting only. I just started this season, co managers idea, but other then the hassle of tallying after everyone’s AB, it’s actually eye opening. Most guys think they are better then they are. Now when someone gets pissy about getting...
  14. r8dr_rider

Chino BLD Players Needed

Chino opening next week 4/19. Looking for players for a Monday night team.
  15. r8dr_rider

Sluggers or Fielders

For those putting teams together what do you normally look for over the other. I understand you want a mix or both but what trumps the other? And what do you think Is easier to train at?
  16. r8dr_rider

Why I DON’T miss softball

it’s slow and figured I’d make a thread on why we don’t miss the game. Even though we miss it so much right now. Here we go... Managing a league team 14 players confirmed, and only 8 respond to your text after game 2......
  17. r8dr_rider

Arm strength

how does one build arm strength? Like CF throwing out a runner at home strong. Not asking for me, I’m old and my arm isn’t gonna get any better. But I want to get my kids to build a cannon. When I was younger and played hard ball I was good, hitting running fielding, but my arm was the...
  18. r8dr_rider

Boombah Bat Bag NIW

Selling a NIW Boombah Superpack Bat Bag. Buyer pays shipping. Will meet in person So Cal SGV area. $50 firm. Firs 4 bats and tons of gear https://imgur.com/a/peuvAco
  19. r8dr_rider

Am I an *******???

Drunk thread here but been thinking about this. So there is a tourney coming up and asked my league team who wants to play. Only about 7 players were down. I couldn’t field a full team so said F it we aren’t playing the tourney. Mind you we are a rec team and this tourney is gonna have...
  20. r8dr_rider

Need players 11/27 BLD Turkey Shoot West Covina

Need some extra players for the WC BLD Turkey Shoot on 11/27. Infielders preferred. Gonna be some good competition, but winning team gets 12 bats. 2nd gets full sub jerseys and 3rd gets team fee waived for BLD season ($295) I got 9 commitment players rt now, looking for 12. PM or...