Search results

1. S

This place used to be the bomb.

That would be extremely sad. Even though the pace and content of posts to these forums has slowed, I still love to check it every day. But what I would REALLY REALLY miss is all the knowledge accumulated here that would disappear if the forums went away. I'm sure I still use the search...
  2. S

So I bought my final, very very last glove….again!

The other player I remember with Easton is Kevin Pillar, but I haven't seem him play this year.
  3. S

Canadian vs US bats

I agree that a number of Canadian competitor sites are selling this bat, but it was also selling on US sites as well. The site BPHero is associated with had them on sale earlier this year.
  4. S

A couple of members who used to post a lot and who I enjoyed learning from: Felks32 (gloves) and TheShoe (bat reviews). They pretty much fell off the SBF forums after 2019. Would be interesting to hear why members like them are no longer active here rather than just us remaining members...
  5. S

I wouldn't discount the effect the pandemic has had on slopitch softball in general. All of the leagues in my city had their complete 2020 season wiped out, and many had only half a normal season of games in 2021 or didn't play at all for a second season. During that layoff, a lot of people I...
  6. S

Wilson A2000-XLO ?

Hmmmm..... I have heard that the Japanese-made gloves often have a 3-character code on the pinkie-side near the heel, beside the word "JAPAN". Yours is US-made so that doesn't apply. Found another lead where the code was inside the glove on the wrist-strap...
  7. S

Wilson A2000-XLO ?

Look for a 2-letter stamp near the thumb loop knot First Letter: J=1976, K=1977, A=1978, B=1979, C=1980, D=1981, E=1982, F=1983, G=1984, H=1985 Second Letter: Z=JAN, Y=FEB, X= MAR, W=APR, V=MAY, U=JUN, T=JUL, S=AUG, R=SEP, P=OCT, O=NOV In the photo below "BZ" stands for "1979 JAN" As...
  8. S

2020 Louisville Slugger Z5

Correct. End-load is 1/2 oz and Power-load is full oz.
  9. S

2020 Louisville Slugger Z5

As @arther itis says, the 2 End-loaded bats are the same except for the paint job; the orange paintjob is the "regular" model whereas the black paintjob is the "limited edition Ryan Stover" player model. The Power-loaded bat, however, has an extra .5 oz load and comes in .5 oz weights (25.5oz...
  10. S

Price Check Gloveworks

The problem with customs is that the customizations that you love as the glove creator (eg. the number '99' or a name) would in many instances devalue the glove in the eyes of potential buyers
  11. S

Stamping vs Indent

Scott Carpenter and Glove Cowboy discuss why they left the palm of high-end marucci gloves without a stamp Interesting aside: I just noticed that Marucci renamed "C-Mod" to "C Type", Wonder if this will make the original C-Mod logo-ed gloves more valuable to collectors.
  12. S

Them special blends, tho

Use ‘sbf-rocket’
  13. S

Difference between AHD12SY and UHD12SY Worth Softballs?

Weight might be the only difference. USSSA spec balls are supposed to weigh 6.4oz +/- 0.2oz https://usssa.com/docs/2021/SP_RuleBook_21.pdf The last full version of the ASA rules I could find say that ASA spec balls are supposed to weigh at least 6.750 oz...
  14. S

LTB 2016 Easton Stealth Retro or 2017 Easton Stealth Flex 34/24 or 33/23

I have a 33/23 in very good shape, but I'm in Canada so you might want to see what you can get on your side of the border first and reach out to me if you still need one.
  15. S

Wilson March 2021 GOTM

There is one store in MI that says they have them instore now, will make them available online June 1st if supplies last
  16. S

Rawlings Date Codes

1983. That model number starting with "HOH" was only used for 1983 and I think 1984 as well. A 1993 Rawlings glove would have used "PRO" in the model number
  17. S

J3A handle flex

If you are used to swinging Eastons with the Connexion piece of LS with the IST piece, you will definitely feel a difference or "flex" on mi****s with the J3A. Just a different kind of feedback, I don't think it ever bothered me to the point where I refused to swing it. Have you ever swung an...
  18. S

Price Check New Worth EST Xl 28oz

It’s a 2017. Check the model number WESTMU. The 2018 and 2019 are: - marked by serial numbers WCESMU and WE19MU, respectively - pink and light green, respectively, in barrel colour - are labeled as RELOAD on the barrel - come in 1/2 ounce sizes
  19. S

For people that have a problem with casting...

Nice video! Those bp balls look a lot bouncier and softer than the heavy dimpled bp balls used in the cages I go to, though. I think I would be afraid to use the CamWood bat in the cages here; save it for when I can get a buddy to pitch/blue_flame real softballs to me
  20. S

Best BP ball

1) Okay, let's try a different approach. I believe that Evil Sports once produced some prototypes of one-piece balls but ultimately ditched the idea of selling them because the existing BP52s proved to be superior designs. I'm sure you did a detailed analysis of why. Did the Evil one-piece...