Search results

1. Redsfan

Goff Thread

If any of you guys go to Hilton Head to golf I highly recommend Atlanic Dunes. It's in Sea Pines. Very nice course. Played it a couple days ago. Also played Golden Bear Golf Club. Nice layout but they had just aerated the greens and some fairways so it was a little rough.
  2. Redsfan

Goff Thread

Played again Monday. First time I've finished an entire 18 using only one golf ball in a long time. Haha
  3. Redsfan

Goff Thread

I got out yesterday. 39 degrees when I teed off on 1. 50 degrees by the time I finished. Had the entire course to myself. Played 18 in 2 hr 45 min.
  4. Redsfan

Goff Thread

Got out again yesterday. Hit the ball much better than last week. Putter let me down. Greens were slow last week. Fast yesterday. Gotta love February in Ohio
  5. Redsfan

Goff Thread

Got out yesterday and played 18. Got up to mid 50's here in central Ohio. Jekyll and Hyde round. Had one birdie and few pars and a bunch of bogeys or more. Definitely can tell I haven't been playing for a long time.
  6. Redsfan

Goff Thread

Went to Topgolf yesterday with some friends. I forgot how much I like to golf. First swings in like 7 years. Took about 30 swings just to start hitting it good again. About to re-retire from softball and start golfing again. Haha
  7. Redsfan

Describe One Of Your Best Defensive Plays

Threw a guy out at first from LF on a base hit. He was just jogging to first and puffing his chest out to his bench because he just thought he won the game. I threw him out before the fast guy on second could score. We won in extras. They were p****d at him. Haha
  8. Redsfan

Music and Weed.....

86 Mets won the World Series all coked up and high.
  9. Redsfan

Getting moved around in the batting order? Discuss

I understand the reasoning for having more than 10 in the line up. To me, I'd much rather have my best hitters get extra at bats instead of making the 11-15 players feel better. If you are not one of the 10 best hitters on your team I suggest you practice and become one. Haha. It's an old school...
  10. Redsfan

Getting moved around in the batting order? Discuss

I have hit in every spot in the line up. Back in my "glory days" I usually hit 2nd but one year we mixed it up and I hit 10th and had the best year of my life. I was always on base for our lead off hitter and scored a million runs that year or it seemed like it That team was really good and...
  11. Redsfan

Official Last Bat 2022

Line drive single to LC. End the year with a hit.
  12. Redsfan

Official Last Bat 2022

Game 1 340 foot out. Stupid baseball field Game 2 1B up the middle just out of the reach of 2nd baseman Baseball field giveth and taketh away. It gave me a hit that would have been caught on a regular field. The other teams LF and LC played at about 320 feet. But it took 3 hits away that would...
  13. Redsfan

Lowest compression bat you've seen.....

I definitely hit better with u-trip bats too. I can't swing my Senior bat hard like I can swing my u-trip bats. It's like if you ever swing Senior flex shafts on golf clubs. Have to be smooth and don't over swing.
  14. Redsfan

Official Last Bat 2022

Popped out to 3rd. First games in 3 months. My main Fall/late Summer league folded so I had plenty of time to get rusty. 3-8 for the night. F-ing terrible.
  15. Redsfan

Good cleats

I keep it simple. I wear cleats on dirt/natural grass fields and turfs when I play on turf. I've always had great luck with most Nike or Under Armor shoes.
  16. Redsfan

Age Rules

Yes. If I remember the rule correctly you can play the year you turn 50. Hopefully Berliner has a league next year. I played summer league there last year but they haven't had enough teams for a league since then. Summer or Fall. 50+ was fun. I enjoyed being the fastest guy again. Haha
  17. Redsfan

Music and Weed.....

My one league doesn't care what you do. It's in a smaller hillbillyish town. You can smoke, drink, blast music, play on different teams, and they also don't care what bats you use. They even let anyone over 50 use senior bats. Luckily I can still hit them out with U trip bats but I used my AT18...
  18. Redsfan

Music and Weed.....

I'm 51. I started playing in softball in 1989. I never saw music in the dugout during 89-00. We might play music in BP before the game but once game time was here we got serious and played. Many people would drink but not very many people did weed. And if you did it was done in the back seat of...
  19. Redsfan

Switching which side you bat from

I'm the same way. I could switch hit in baseball but the arc in softball messes me up from the left side. If it was just flat pitches I would probably be fine. I could always make better contact lefty while playing baseball but I could hit it twice as far righty so I stayed right handed. Haha
  20. Redsfan

Lowest compression bat you've seen.....

The faster your bat fails the faster you have to buy another one. Greedy bat companies are part of the problem. Instant gratification of the consumer is the other half of the problem.