Search results

1. H

Glove color way

I thought Andruw Jones was a Wilson guy?? Did he switch to Rawlings later in his career?......I really didnt start paying much attention to what brand of gloves players used until a few yrs ago.
  2. H

After 100 games, my nokona edge X review.

Wait what, this glove costs $1K?? I had an idea that it was expensive, but I dont know why I thought it was like in the $600 range, but $1K??? Holy molly! But I second what others have said, if it makes you happy and you can afford it, WHY NOT??!!
  3. H

After 100 games, my nokona edge X review.

This was my concern as well. Plus I have to admit, I'm also not a fan of the look with the stitches on the outside.
  4. H

So I bought my final, very very last glove….again!

You are right about Edwin, I actually think he was still wearing it this year, no?
  5. H

Jram is the only other significant player I can think of, and he went to Wilson.
  6. H

I noticed that too. When did he leave Easton??
  7. H

Hahahaha never knew that........and I do remember Neifi as a decent SS with the Rox.
  8. H

Wait, is this a joke? Or does NP actually stand for Neifi Perez??
  9. H

First Base Mitt with Good Palm Padding?

Bit off topic, but this is the one thing I dont like about my custom SP125. The way I shape my gloves and my pocket, I end up catching a lot of the ball over my index finger, and I get a stinger every so often. I really wish Wilson offered the thumb pad option like every glove maker out there...
  10. H

Help me in my glove journey

I was on a similar journey a couple of years ago, only difference is I was looking for something in the 12.5 range. Some folks here recommended the NP7, but I was hesitant to go down in size. I also have somewhat smaller hands (long skinny fingers but a small wrist). After feedback here and...
  11. H

How do you store your gamer over the winter?

We do get a lot of rainouts, if that’s any consolation lol
  12. H

Thoughts/opinions on Rawlings R9 and Encore series

I (Santa) just got an R9 for my 9 yr old for Christmas. For a younger kid who is not ready to handle an hoh or a2000, I think it is a pretty good option. Coincidentally he’d been gaming an old a1000 that belonged to my 15 year old (got it when he was 7-8), I think it is a special edition, super...
  13. H

Gloveworks

Is that The Marlins’ Anthony Bender??
  14. H

How do you store your gamer over the winter?

I'm in Miami.......what is a winter?? Offseason??:)
  15. H

softball or baseball glove for first base, and in general

I'm prolly the less experienced around here, but for what is worth, I used the ASO method on my custom A2000 a few months ago, and it worked wonders. I think the key here is to pour water in those specific areas of the glove, not soak it, or dunk the whole glove in water.
  16. H

SP 125 or Rawlings 12.5 patterns?

Thanks, can you see it now?
  17. H

There you go, I wrestled for a while on whether I wanted classic or flashy colors, but once I saw the Demarini GOTM, and then Miguel Rojas of the Marlins copying the design, I was sold. I pretty much just went with the same, just added my name in the thumb, and my kids' name in the pinky.
  18. H

Got my custom SP125 on saturday, love the shape and fit! have worked on it the past couple of days with the intention of gaming it this weekend. The hand stall is really tight, even by my tiny wrists standards, but I don’t mind, I rather it be tight than loose, and I’m sure it will stretch out a...
  19. H

The best mallet?

So do you guys just glue the ball to the dowel? Or do you have to sort of drill a hole in the ball and stick the dowel with glue in there? I see a guy selling them on Amazon/ebay for about $20 bucks. I also just saw on ebay an all wood one, a little pricier, brand name is "Grand Slam Gloves"...