Search results

1. HowsTeddyLook

27.5 - 2019 SYNERGY FIRE FLEX SP19SYN END LOADED USSSA

Has 110 swings with Evil BP balls from a tee. No hits from live pitching. No cracks, webbing, or rattles – just a few ball marks. Original grip fully intact - two shades in the picture because I had the bottom of the handle taped when I used it but no tape residue left behind. Weight is right...
  2. HowsTeddyLook

LTB DDP Yoga DVD's

Were you able to get some DDP? If not, here's what I have for you. Breathing Wake Up Beginner Diamond Dozen Red Hot Core Energy Fat Burner Stand Up Below the Belt Diamond Cutter Strength Builder Double Black Diamond Red Hot Core Plus Extreme-Hip, Back, Knees (tutorial and workout) Extreme...
  3. HowsTeddyLook

Positive experience

Would never expect you to. Why so defensive? I wasn’t criticizing your approach to umpiring, nor did I ask for an explanation. I was giving you a complement. Don’t sweat a blown call and it’s nice to see that you strive to get better and make an effort to get things right. I agree, players do...
  4. HowsTeddyLook

Positive experience

I applaud your efforts. Players definitely appreciate umpires who care about making the correct calls and put in the effort to do the best job they can. Effectively communicating like you do goes a long way. Players shouldn't expect umps to be perfect or change calls, but it's the umps who act...
  5. HowsTeddyLook

4th Year NFL Survivor League - Wasioja Knockout on MySuperPicks

41 people paid and over $1000 payout with just a little bit of time remaining to join. Also have a 5 team pick'em league that anyone can still join. That currently has 108 players and total payout over $5000. Click here for google doc with rules and FAQ. Entry fees for this league are also...
  6. HowsTeddyLook

Positive experience

Good story. In the heat of the moment, a lot of players will automatically argue any close call. But once it's over they tend to cool down. I've never lost sleep over a blown call. But an umpire who admits he was wrong? Asks players if he missed a call? I can tell that you don't umpire in my...
  7. HowsTeddyLook

ASA Illegal bat penalty

In 20 years I've never heard of an umpire ever checking bats prior to a league game.
  8. HowsTeddyLook

We have 36 people so far - $900 payout. Two days left to join. Would really like to get this up to $1000.
  9. HowsTeddyLook

This is the 4th year that I've hosted the Wasioja Knockout on MySuperPicks.com $25 entry fee is paid on LeagueSafe.com so everything is above board. Click here to pay your entry fee on LeagueSafe.com. Rules: Pick a single NFL team each week to win straight up. If you pick a winning team, you...
  10. HowsTeddyLook

Son's Louisville Slugger Icon after 8 season

Nicely done! I suspect a few people on here will now be wishing that you were their dad.
  11. HowsTeddyLook

Wood bat question

I'd never heard that before. But according to woodbat.org they say the same thing so maybe you're not lying about maple. That could possibly explain why the number of broken bats skyrocketed in MLB a few years ago when everyone started switching to maple. They were probably still swinging with...
  12. HowsTeddyLook

UTRIP 2021 Bat Change

Not in my experience. A couple of months ago I was in the market for new BP balls. My girlfriend knew this so she bought these 4 white Worth Official Softballs 44/375 that she found at a garage sale for 25 cents a piece. (She's so thoughtful.) They were used but hardly had any marks on them and...
  13. HowsTeddyLook

Wood bat question

Make sure that you are making contact against the edge of the grain, or what people refer to as "label up" at contact. When I used wood bats in baseball, they would break very easily if you made contact on the wrong side of the bat.
  14. HowsTeddyLook

Triple Plays

3 times I've been part of a 5-4-3 ground ball triple play while playing 2nd base. Each time runners were on 1st and 2nd. Ground ball to the 3rd baseman. He steps on 3rd for the force, throws to me on 2nd, and I turn and gun to 1st. And these were not slow runners at the plate. They were...
  15. HowsTeddyLook

USSSA – Dead Ball Out-of-Play – How Many Bases?

I remembered rule 8-7-F “every base runner is awarded two bases from last base occupied”, but since B/R was called safe at first base when the ball was still live, I wasn’t sure if 1st base then counted as his last occupied base when the ball finally rolled out of play. This situation is...
  16. HowsTeddyLook

That makes sense. The momentum that propelled the ball out of play was from the throw. The ball hit the glove of F3, but he really just failed at preventing the ball from going out of play - he did not cause it to roll farther but it did take about 4-5 seconds of rolling through the grass until...
  17. HowsTeddyLook

Both scenarios outlined below took place on the same field. The backstop/dugout fence on the 1st base side only extends a few feet beyond the bag. (The actual field is pictured in the diagram.) Ground rules state that anytime a ball goes beyond this fence line (which extends all the way down...
  18. HowsTeddyLook

MN Hitting Club

Any interest? I'd like to start a weekly hitting club in the Twin Cities either Saturday or Sunday mornings. It only takes two people to get started but everyone is welcome. I have a few fields in mind but the exact time and location are TBD depending on who is interested. This would be a...
  19. HowsTeddyLook

Looking for team in Twin Cities area.

40 years old - currently playing in my long-time summer D-League but looking for more nights this fall. I'd be happy to sub or join full-time. Infielder by trade but can play outfield as well. Don't mind catching or can pitch a bit too. I just want to get out an play more often. Former college...