Search results

1. P

Bat Speed and Durability

I got the bug, alright. But, I doubt I will "crave more distance and exit velocity". At 63, I presume I'll get weaker and slower each year, and I am at peace with that. I can still be a valued player if I hit the ball solidly most of the time and inflict death by a thousand cuts. Like I said...
  2. P

Bat Speed and Durability

At this point, the only reason I would buy another bat would be because one I have is "worn out" or cracked. Chasing an extra 5ft of carry makes no sense to me. It's about finding the bat that fits my swing and my game, and I think I have done that. I will get more enjoyment out of the game...
  3. P

Bat Speed and Durability

My first bat was the green Worth Wicked shown in your photo (27 oz.). My second bat is a 2020 LS TPZ, which is 26 oz with 1/2 oz el (white pearl/ gray in color). My most recent bat is a '21 Suncoast Melee Diamond balanced 27oz. The latter two are two piece bats and I like the feel of them...
  4. P

Bat Speed and Durability

I'm 63 and fairly new to the game. I have had my bat speed measured at 53 mph on average. I have come to the realization that I will never hit a home run, and chasing that extra 10' of carry with high dollar bats makes no sense. I now have three bats. I purchased them all as new, but...
  5. P

2020 Louisville Slugger Z5

Awesome! This was the kind of info I was looking for. I didn't notice "end load" vs. "power load". Just to be clear, "end load" is 1/2 oz. where "power load" is a full ounce.
  6. P

2020 Louisville Slugger Z5

Can anyone tell me the difference between these three bats?
  7. P

Intro

In earlier practices, we were pitched more like 20 - 25 balls. It was clear that people were getting worn out toward the end. So it was decided to cut down to 15. There has been good acceptance of this number. For us, more than 15 was past "loose" and into "tired". I also think 15 is a good...
  8. P

Intro

Hi, I'm about to turn 60 and have been talked into joining a local senior (50+) / coed softball league. I haven't played softball since gym class in junior high school! I considered myself a good fielder and had a good arm, but was not a good (strong) batter. Trying to play after this many...