Search results

1. H

cold weather socks and gloves?

Any recommendations for good socks to wear in the cold? And any gloves? Either to throw with and/or wear on my hand under my mitt.
  2. H

Probably redundant 1st base mitt help thread

I Thanks so much for the offer. Very kind of you. I am going to continue using the Worth for awhile more and see how it feels over time. So true. I am a bit self-conscious when I trot out to first with my GIANT Worth first baseman's mitt!
  3. H

A non-first baseman's mitt. Oh my!
  4. H

Ah, a fellow first basemen... What glove do you use? I, of course, worry that the DCT would be too small for me as well, just as I worry that the 13" guys are too big:) Perhaps it's ultimately 'a six of one, half dozen of the other' situation when it comes to results -- the smaller glove helps...
  5. H

HOH or PP Custom. Leather and Pattern Help. TIA!

What about non-custom gloves? A stock PP v. a stock HOH? Are you saying they weigh the same, or one is heavier than the other?
  6. H

HOH or PP Custom. Leather and Pattern Help. TIA!

Nice video. Interesting that you say Heart of the Hide is lighter weight than the Pro Preferred, but a couple of websites say the Pro Preferred is lighter than HOH. Who to believe??
  7. H

Taking a look at the Rawlings HOH 13" mitt, and now the Gloveworks 13.25 sample that Davis sent me. The HOH is 2 oz heavier than the Worth, but does look and feel a bit more compact as Rous suggested. Nice enough fit. The Gloveworks is pleasantly surprisingly lighter than my Worth (just under...
  8. H

That's a good price for this glove, is it? Is it a heavy glove? One of the things I like about the Worth is it's relative lightness, just under 24 oz. The HOH's I've seen at the store seem light as well, whereas is the GG Elite was a bit heavy feeling. How does this glove compare in quality to...
  9. H

Yes, sir, this baby is no midget. Wide and tall. I'm thinking the ideal mitt would be a tad smaller in both width and height.
  10. H

Couldn't find this exact one. Is it similar to the Easton Professional 12.75 hybrid series? I saw that one, which has PCH K70 stamped on it, and appears to have that DCT style.
  11. H

First Base Mitts

That makes sense.
  12. H

I like how it closes around the ball and swallows it up. And I can understand how you might prefer the better control of the shorter glove. I think about that issue too. You may be right -- It's a bit more compact in width and length than the Worth you said? It looks like the Steerhide would...
  13. H

Behold the Mighty Worth: Note the daylight on either side of the ball here in this last attached photo. And no, that's not a ping pong ball I'm trying to pass off as a softball -- that's a genuine 12" Clincher, folks!
  14. H

When I look at the photo, I see a ball in a shallow pocket -- at least compared to my present glove. When I see a shallow pocket like that I have visions of a ball popping out... Ask someone in my league for a tip? A play co-ed and over 55 league. And these are normal people, not gear heads...
  15. H

We got along fine without cell phones too, and now look at us!
  16. H

The ball we use is 12". And to me, that glove you displayed didn't seem quite deep enough for that 12" ball. Can you close the glove around it?
  17. H

Thanks for the suggestions and photos, guys. I haven't made a selection yet, though I did send back the Wilson Fastpitch. I'm in no rush since I've got the new Worth glove I've been using and the season has already begun. That glove from the 1940's is cool, but I already feel old enough out...
  18. H

It's very nice looking. Any thoughts on the Wilson glove I have in my possession?
  19. H

First Base Mitts

Why?