Search results

1. M

Never would have guessed this one was still around…

Long story short, my dad passed last year and my mom has been clearing out the house in prep for moving to a smaller place. Tucked away in the top shelf of a closet, probably ~40 years since I last used it, she found a box where my dad had saved my t-ball glove. I popped one lace while trying...
  2. M

Sarna Glove Conditioner

So…finally got around to looking at what Sarna discloses on their ingredients for their glove conditioner and there were a few surprises: Water 7732-18-5 Diluent Specialty Amines Withheld...
  3. M

Thoughts on my planned father’s day purchase

So, my glove addiction continues… I’m wanting to go pro preferred this time… tan/split gray welting with green accents. Trying to decide between green binding or tan binding on the heel. I keep going back and forth and over thinking it (i.e. what if I want to relace with tan laces in the...
  4. M

Rawlings Hand Sewn Welting - Benefit?

So, as I start to dream about my next glove (thinking a tan Pro504 / basket web / Green laces & welting), I’ve noticed the trend for hand sewn welting among players and that even Rawlings has started to offer it as an option on customs. Is there an advantage to Hand sewn welting or is it just a...
  5. M

What’s your favorite glove that you ever played?

Here’s my second glove, ever. It’s a Rawlings RBG embossed with the signature of “the Tony Gwynn”. I feel like this was the same glove half of the kids were using in the late eighties. This one has def seen some better days with cuts and scrapes, but it’s only a little floppy and reminds of...
  6. M

Obscure question of the day - vintage gloves

If you were going to purchase a vintage glove for recreational use / fun, would you go with no welt on the back of the fingers or single welt? Trying to think through if that really would make a difference from a structural strength perspective, and I have zero experience with early 1900’s...
  7. M

Rawlings Tan HOH

I’m in the process of selecting a new custom glove (my first custom). I was wondering: 1) anyone know the difference between a standard pocket on the 27HF9 and the average pocket on the 3029 models? I tend to lean towards opening wide and a standard pocket for ease of grabbing the ball. 2) i’m...