Search results

1. baseman

Crazy thing happened on the ball field.

Last game of the year. I'm playing 1st. Ball hit to me on the ground. As I'm about to close my glove the runner from 1st stepped on my glove causing the ball to jump up my glove. I was able to bare hand it and tag her then, with my glove still under her foot ran to first and got the second out...
  2. baseman

Any Advise for explaining a timing play

Runner on 1st. Batter hits the ball down the line. The 1B touches first then throws to second. I call batter out and runner safe on first. They argued that the runner is forced to run. I explained once they touched the base that the force is negated (maybe too big a word for them) so no they...
  3. baseman

Worth EST Hybrid XL

I just ordered an EST H XL what should I be expecting? I needed something with a thumbprint stamp for a couple of tourneys a year.
  4. baseman

Other SPN rules. play at second

R1 on first BR hits to 2nd. Ball is tossed to SS crossing 2B. As he is crossing 2B pulls the ball from his glove to throw to 1st and the ump called R1 safe as the ball wasn't in the glove when he touched the base. I know it can be in his hand but how to properly explain this to a volunteer ump?
  5. baseman

I love old farts

Playing 35 and up last night and we throw the ball back to the pitcher but the guy who threw it fired it a bit low and crazy hard. The ball goes by to their on deck batter. Base runners start to go but their next batter had picked the ball up. We let them know they have to go back but complain...
  6. baseman

Any What is the ruling.

So playing ball Thursday night and the wind is intense but not steady. I hit one that goes 10 feet over the fence but the gale force wind pushes it back into the outfield. What is the ruling? We called it a HR as it had gone over the fence but some of the guys thought it should be a normal hit...
  7. baseman

Wood bat question

Hey folks I am new to using a wood bat and have found that my swing is different with a wood bat than my comps. Has anyone else found this? I've already broke 2 bats. One only had 3 hits on it.
  8. baseman

2017 asa Wegs

I took the wrapper off the 17 asa Wegs and it felt great. First ball hit the top of the fence. Can't wait to break it in. Anyone else like the feel of it?
  9. baseman

Red/orange L5.0 opinions

I love my scn 5 but know it won't last forever. I have a line on the red or orange L5,0 how does it compare once broken in?
  10. baseman

SCN5 Stealth does it again.

Having not hit a dinger yet this season, 3 games in, I was getting the itch. No not the itch that Joker comments tend to give you but the itch to smash one. I put down the Snr combat and picked up my trusty stealth. Bombs away. Far Far away. Hard to beat a bat you are comfortable with.
  11. baseman

Black Snr Maxim is silly

I picked up the two piece Black maxim last year from the store cheap and it has opened up and is silly. I hit one today that was on it's way out when the lf jumped up and knocked it down. The ball didn't get any higher then 10 feet off the ground. 300' fence.
  12. baseman

I hope easton brings new tech with their snr line

Now that Easton has bought out Combat I hope they bring back the og da bomb as an Easton sr stick.
  13. baseman

Maxum 2 Piece Sr

My wife got me the 2 pc Maxum sr for an anniversary gift this year and it feels great. I took it out of the wrapper and the first swing, off a tee as there was no one to pitch for me, easily cleared our fence at 300'. The sound was that of a broken in AV and feel reminded me on my dc41. For the...
  14. baseman

Ball field parking

We play at a park with three fields. In the middle between our softball field and the little league field we have people decide to park. They park 1.5 feet from our outfield fence and the next batter up puts one on the top edge of their tailgate putting a softball shaped dent in. The best part...
  15. baseman

HomeRun Derby

What is your favourite format for a HR derby?
  16. baseman

SCN5

Am I the only one still swinging old eastons? We can swing whatever bat we want and this one is my go to.
  17. baseman

Flexibility

For those who have been working out and building muscle what do you do to keep flexible? I am working toward a goal of a build similar to Clay Matthews but don't want to lose the ability to swing my bat effectively.
  18. baseman

Any Runner ball contact question

Hi all, We had a weird one today. Runner from first takes a turn at second and gets hit in the chest from a throw from left. I know the runner getting hit from a throw is not an issue. Here is where my conundrum lies. The runner, while running, kicks the ball. The kick comes from the running...
  19. baseman

Any Verification

Hi folks, I just want to be sure I got these 2 calls right (or if I called them wrong). Call 1 Runners on 1 and 2 and ball hit to shallow OF. Runner on 2nd doesn't move and the fielder touches the base with the ball in her glove. I ruled runner coming from 1st is out on the force runner on 2nd...
  20. baseman

Any Ground Rule Double?

Situation: Ball hit to outfield Ball bounces once in the outfield Fielder attempts to play ball and ball clears the fence off the outfielders glove Question was is this a ground rule double or if not which base does the BR get?