Search results

1. softballin101

cutting the ball?

This is a good thread! New to me, I always assumed that cutting it was like if your bat was a sword and you were to “cut” it, you’d be hitting it right down the center of it. I was on top of it grounding out then popping it up when I tried to adjust but then in the championship, I hit one out...
  2. softballin101

Glasses

So I’ve been looking into glasses to wear on the fields. I’m wondering, is it gimmicky or hype or do they really make lenses now that enhance your view? I’m looking for some that will help me not lose the ball in the sun or stadium lights but won’t make it darker around me where it’s harder to...
  3. softballin101

Music and Weed.....

Smoking “legal” like Drake said 🤣 that’s nice to be in a state where you can legally smoke it, unlike lane ass Georgia. I live and let live. I blast music but if a song with too much cussing or N bombs slip in, I change it. One day I didn’t bring my IPod in and used a random playlist off the...
  4. softballin101

SUPERDRAFT TOURNAMENTS

I want to get in one that isn’t $200+ 😂
  5. softballin101

Good cleats

Well i play outfield a lot
  6. softballin101

Usssa mixed world tournament

Mens is double elim all the way out there? There are some good ball players in my area so we’d compete
  7. softballin101

Usssa mixed world tournament

Just wondering what coed is like in Viera. Thinking about playing E but wouldn’t want to go with a team that’s only won 1 tournament just to show up and play against good players that should only be playing C or D. Is it a double elimination?
  8. softballin101

Good cleats

Well the thing is cleats are becoming harder to find and there may be some cleats that I didn’t know are out there
  9. softballin101

Good cleats

What are the top cleats to have right now? I used to always wear Mizuno, got a pair of Boombah, and now always rock with New Balance being their rubber insoles and lace cage. No I don’t want o hear silly turfs, Salomon or any trail shoes or anything like that. All the softball gear and I’ll see...
  10. softballin101

Miken Freak Honey Badger

My team is the Honey Badgers and the bat design ironically matches the team
  11. softballin101

Price Check Miken Honey Badger 28 oz.

I know this is super old but did you sell yet?
  12. softballin101

Miken Freak Honey Badger

Looking for a 26 or 27oz Honey Badger. Looking to use it as a team bat.
  13. softballin101

How to avoid back outs and quitters

I’m trying to find a happy medium. Between keeping people happy and keeping them on the team and winning. Any advice on how to keep people around and them Not quit on you. My team isn’t terrible but some people, after one or two losses, they will quit the team. This is making it exceedingly...
  14. softballin101

need Demarini Ultimate Weapon

I used to like that bat. Not sure if they still make them but I’m sure you might find one in the used marketplace here or play it again sport. When I played league the first few years, I didn’t know much about bats but used to hit ropes with that bat
  15. softballin101

Walk off hit or error

Doesn't change the outcome of the game, I would have put it in as an error if considering making changes. If it had enough mustard to make it to the outfield, he could have beat him at first. I say anything that hits off your glove is an error. That's my problem, I've been pulled for trying...
  16. softballin101

Price Check - 2019 Easton Wild Fire flex Sp19sbf 26.5

Pictures shouldnt matter much either. People can use a magic eraser soap and water. I'm selling mine too. Could never hit the ball out with it
  17. softballin101

A question for outfielders.

Probably didn’t lose power, just less weight to shift and put behind your swing. It seems like it’s annually now that I will lose about 20 pounds to maintain a good weight but the only thing I’ll change is m diet. My gym habits stay the same. That post though, I feel like I’ve got worst in...
  18. softballin101

Mask Recommendations

This thing is weird, people err on the side of caution a little too much. Each position is many feet apart. If you’re really doing it for protection, the n95 and surgical masks are the only ones that offer protection. The cloth ones offer protection for other people if you’re sick but otherwise...
  19. softballin101

A question for outfielders.

I'm starting to hate the outfield, truth is, softball players are too fickle. I played in a higher class tournament and I played outfield and there were some seeds that were hit just a few feet from me (and I'm not the type to slow down and let balls drop in front of me). Because I wasn't...