Search results

1. softballin101

Glasses

So I’ve been looking into glasses to wear on the fields. I’m wondering, is it gimmicky or hype or do they really make lenses now that enhance your view? I’m looking for some that will help me not lose the ball in the sun or stadium lights but won’t make it darker around me where it’s harder to...
  2. softballin101

Usssa mixed world tournament

Just wondering what coed is like in Viera. Thinking about playing E but wouldn’t want to go with a team that’s only won 1 tournament just to show up and play against good players that should only be playing C or D. Is it a double elimination?
  3. softballin101

Good cleats

What are the top cleats to have right now? I used to always wear Mizuno, got a pair of Boombah, and now always rock with New Balance being their rubber insoles and lace cage. No I don’t want o hear silly turfs, Salomon or any trail shoes or anything like that. All the softball gear and I’ll see...
  4. softballin101

Miken Freak Honey Badger

Looking for a 26 or 27oz Honey Badger. Looking to use it as a team bat.
  5. softballin101

How to avoid back outs and quitters

I’m trying to find a happy medium. Between keeping people happy and keeping them on the team and winning. Any advice on how to keep people around and them Not quit on you. My team isn’t terrible but some people, after one or two losses, they will quit the team. This is making it exceedingly...
  6. softballin101

Physics question

I've been swinging Easton a lot lately. Unfortunately my original fireflex doesn't pass compression anymore. I think I have good batspeed but I swung the new Bam and the mother load fireflex 240 and with those, I'm getting probably 30 less feet. How much of an advantage does 30-40 psi really...
  7. softballin101

Rotator cuff

Just curious, lately after tournaments, my left rotator cuff has been sore after a few hard swings. I just turned 41 so maybe I’m at that age where I get new injuries. Is it normal for the lead shoulder to hurt or should my right arm be sore instead? Maybe I’ve developed bad swing mechanics...
  8. softballin101

Infield/outfield/pitching

Guys I'm wondering, I'm limited to playing twice a week at best so how do most of you who are limited stay sharp? I know most only hit when they practice but do you actually practice defensive skills or do you just adjust during games? I just like to have my throws and tracking down.
  9. softballin101

Best quality softball gloves at least 13.5

I’m thinking about a glove and leaning towards the Wilson A2000 but thinking of other gloves. My Mizuno techfire feels really good on a catch, very good padding too but may be too floppy as the balls falls out sometimes. What y’all think are some of the best gloves on the market with just the...
  10. softballin101

Best roller bags

I just stepped up my bag a little bit. My last bag I had for years was an Easton roller which suited my needs because it had just 4 compartments, the bat, a main, glove, side, I could fit many things into it because of that. I bought an Alpha Prime last year but didn't like it and sold it...
  11. softballin101

Boombah pants size 34

I just purchased some Black boombah pants off Ebay but I thought they were softball pants and not the BS capri looking short pants. Anyone interested in these? Also, I'm stil looking for some black pants.
  12. softballin101

44/375 balls

The official ball for aws worlds is the Dudley 44/375 but I haven’t hit those in a while. My rocketech and older synergies were my bats of choice but which usssa bats hit then well? I heard the CL22 stadiums are good but I have a mizuno blackout, fireflex, and Meltron as well as an older Easton...
  13. softballin101

Using a pitching Mask

Using excessive equipment wasn’t as big in the early 2000’s as it is now. Matter of fact my coach for years was old and frail but only pitched. I have only had a middle shot hit at my face once and most hits up the middle, I field in the rare occasion that I pitch but I have a question for the...
  14. softballin101

.52 core "Hot Dots"

Any reviews on these balls? Are they somewhat flight restricted? Playing in an upcoming tournament where these balls are in play. Trying to figure out which bats to hit them with. I was thinking my Rocketech or ASA Blackout.
  15. softballin101

2 part question

I’m playing in the Vegas superdraft and was wondering what to expect. I already think there may be a couple duds on the team but don’t know for sure. I think a superdraft maybe cool because I don’t expect people to jump down my throat for popping up or committing an error (if I do) but in those...
  16. softballin101

Mechanics for different swings

Been in a funk lately and trying different swing planes and timing. Ultimate goal is to hit at least 1 homerun a game. I've been hitting too many grounders and not enough gaps lately. Which swing converts the most homeruns? Slight uppercut hitting it out in front of the plate, and standing...
  17. softballin101

Sin city superdraft

Seems like a really cool tournament to go to even though it is overpriced. Any of you ever been on one of the Spiderz free agent teams? Good way to spend halloween weekend
  18. softballin101

Easton Plague

I was recently talking to a bat rep and they were selling a pre-released repainted Plague but with Flex technology. I passed on buying it but does anyone remember that stick when Combat sold it? Was it hot?
  19. softballin101

Good balanced bat to trade for my FireFlex

I have the 27oz endloaded fireflex but got it right before the balanced one because the gold one has a half inch longer barrel as well? What are some of the hottest balanced bats out right now? I hit will with the fireflex sometimes but I'm much more consistent with balanced.
  20. softballin101

Tee work

I’m just looking to get feedback on using a tee for bp. Seems like the best thing would be the exercise from swinging the bat hard. Do they make adjustable tees? Im just thinking that you don’t get the benefit of adjusting to an arc and improving swing plane and the way many teams are nowadays...