Search results

1. BLACK DEATH

USSSA Intentionally walking into dug out for an out to end the inning.

Yes sir gentlemen, it’s a timed game. If we get three outs, even with 10 seconds left on the clock, we start a new inning. It was single elimination playoffs, so with the top of the lineup coming up, we would take a chance with three outs on the next inning.
  2. BLACK DEATH

Runner to first turns to left to walk back to base

I remember people were always out if they just turned to the left in our league Then we finally learned it has to be an attempt going to 2nd to be tagged out. I think someone schooled our umps
  3. BLACK DEATH

Ok so go with the play and get outs another way. So let’s say he walks to 1st, next batter hits the ball just to hit it and the ball stays in fair ball territory. Can the runner on 1st then go to the dug out for the out? can the batter then go to the dug out for an out also, if possible like...
  4. BLACK DEATH

Ok time is running out, less than two minutes. Pitcher intentionally walks a guy by telling umpire for him to take 1st base. We have two outs and we are home team down by two runs. We tell him to go into the dug out for the out. He touches 1st and then goes into the dug out. Umpire says he is...
  5. BLACK DEATH

USA batter protection within the box

EA who knows. I’ll politely let him know he’s wrong next time I see him.
  6. BLACK DEATH

Thank you, I have another question, was there ever a rule, that states the base hitter is protected as long as he is in the batters box in this situation or any other situation? This is what batter, that popped up and was called out said, as he umps. He kept insisting as long as you are in the...
  7. BLACK DEATH

Anything in usssa rules?
  8. BLACK DEATH

Ok so let’s get this straight. If I pop up and stay in the box, but the ball is above me to be catchable, the catcher can’t catch it as I am in the way. I will be called out even if I am still in the box and I haven’t left the batters box? I am with you on that I would be out, is there a rule...
  9. BLACK DEATH

USSSA A few questions on different plays.

This is on backyard tourneys and league nights at our fields, which is not sanctioned but we play utrip style mainly here. I’ve been asked to help them ump as too much drama with people and umps. I’m not the best, but try to be and definitely be fair to both sides. Don’t slam me too hard on...
  10. BLACK DEATH

BP with Pop toss side view.

I think the platform is better to have to get it up higher and a flatter arc. I don’t know how many different versions there are, but I prob have the original one, it doesn’t have that black base the ball sits on. You can’t lean it over too much or the ball will fall off. I made a bracket to...
  11. BLACK DEATH

BP with Pop toss side view.

Let’s see the platform you mounted it on. Which balls are you hitting as they are flying off that pop toss.
  12. BLACK DEATH

2019 1 piece green Wicked

For the price of $50 or less, it’s definitely a good bat for the price
  13. BLACK DEATH

Hitting with prescription glasses/contacts

I have bad vision in my right eye for distance, I’m afraid to wear glasses with all the negatives it may come with. So I don’t wear glasses, it’s harder at night but I’m still goid enough to keep playing ball. I’m really going to consider lasik
  14. BLACK DEATH

2019 Adidas Melee 12 & 2017 Adidas Melee 2 12"

Yeah I’ve seen the 26 melee 2s have jumped up in price.
  15. BLACK DEATH

Senior bats on a budget

Now I’m trying to remember how or why I found them. I saw David’s video after I had bought one. I think I took bp with some of seniors and they all had the $99 empire. They told me to get one for $99, so I said why not, but they only had 27s online fo $99. I wanted a 26, so I think I went to...
  16. BLACK DEATH

Senior bats on a budget

Yeah I definitely need to put more cuts on it in bp, bad thing is our senior league shuts down during winter months, so I’ll get no game time use out of any of these senior bats. I’ll bp with the younger crowd and get more cuts on it and it will be ready next year. I’m not going to give up on it...
  17. BLACK DEATH

Senior bats on a budget

I have 50 cuts on my Green worth wicked xxx, now. It felt decent with classic Ms, but not hot yet. I just got my hands on a Dudley Lightning 2.0, not too cheap tho. It Needs more cuts for it to get hot also. May pick up a 13” adidas melee 2 also. Went from cheap bats to $200 each bats
  18. BLACK DEATH

Senior bats on a budget

being a city league, it’s all about budget. I don’t think we hit those, maybe I am wrong. I’ll check this week at our game or if we bp today
  19. BLACK DEATH

Senior bats on a budget

Here in s Texas, we usually hit a 44/375 ssusa ball. I think they are trumps. But if there are too many hr, I’ve seen a few 44/375 asa balls thrown in. The league provides the balls, so we all hit the same ball thrown in by the ump
  20. BLACK DEATH

Senior bats on a budget

Haha... oh yeah those will definitely open it up quicker. I have some older 44/375 and some 5xx blue dots which are a beast. It’s just what these guys bring to the table to bp with. Plus with my luck we’d loose my good balls vs the crappy ones they bring.