Search results

1. hookupny

ASA Here's a good one for umpires

Thanks guys... Senior players, every game is an adventure. Earlier this year we had a teammate hit a home and then touch the wrong home plate
  2. hookupny

ASA Here's a good one for umpires

ASA senior ball...happened today, I need a ruling please. Last of the 7th inning, we are home team, winning run on 3rd with 2 outs...our batter hits a clean single to left field, runner from 3rd scores, the other team starts off the field, game over....BUT...our batter forgets to run to first...
  3. hookupny

ASA ASA Senior ruling on touching safety plate after HR

We were at the plate hollering for him to stop....but he was too excited I guess and didn't hear us or didn't understand...remember, we are seniors after all.
  4. hookupny

" And a slight clarification... Even if there's no play whatsoever being made upon a runner, he's still out if he touches the wrong plate while the ball's live. " But the ball was NOT live.
  5. hookupny

ASA Senior league, we use a safety home plate. My teammate hit a home run, over the fence, and when trotting around the bases, in his excitement, he touched the original home plate, instead of the safety plate. The umpire called him out for touching the wrong plate. Is this a correct call...
  6. hookupny

Any running to first w/ the bat.

It's legal in MLB as well. A couple years ago, a player ( Baltimore ? ) was knocked down by the pitcher and on the next pitch he hit a home run, carried the bat around the bases while he did his home run trot. Sorry I don't remember the game or the players.
  7. hookupny

ASA Ball Thrown at runner

Stop at 3rd next time. Nothing gets started that way. If he/she stopped at 3rd, we wouldn't be having this discussion.
  8. hookupny

Pitchers thoughts...

I had one like this a couple years back, I just had him roll the ball back to me. Anyone can throw an underhand roller. Saved me steps and fatigue on hot days.
  9. hookupny

For Sale 2 Miken HHD's. *Price Drop*

I have one of these in almost new condition, and it does NOT have a hole in the end cap. I'm not implying anything, just saying mine doesn't have a hole.
  10. hookupny

Release Point

Is there a rule regarding the release point of pitching? I have heard a 3' rule and just curious if that's true. Thanks.
  11. hookupny

slowpitch softball website for good priced bats

Youse guyz are just plain mean.
  12. hookupny

Rawlings Silverback Innertech

Very under rated bat for ASA mush balls....hits screamers. In hot weather, with mushy ASA balls, it really shines.
  13. hookupny

ASA Altered bat question

Yes, that's how I discovered it. It rattled when I picked it up while backing up home ( I pitch ). When the bat is swung, the bb's move to the end giving it a helluva end load.
  14. hookupny

ASA Altered bat question

Thanks...and yes, he has removed the bb's, I checked his bat everytime up, but the umpire said he was no threat to anyone, so allowed him to use the bat.... this is why I wanted your ruling so I can show the league director. Like I stated, it's the principle and he could allow other's to use...
  15. hookupny

ASA Altered bat question

If you jaywalk, you only risk injury to yourself, and I don't care about you. If you use an altered bat, you risk injury to my team, and I do care about them. Besides, I'm an ex cop and I do think rules are made to be followed. :p
  16. hookupny

ASA Altered bat question

I need an answer to show to league director... I called out a fellow last year for using a bat that sounded funny, upon inspection, we found his bat had a hole drilled in the knob and he removed the weight rod, and filled the bat with bb's, taped it over, so it had an un natural end load when...
  17. hookupny

Top 5 ASA Bats?

Freak 98 for overall performance.
  18. hookupny

ASA metal cleats

What about football cleats ? We have one player that wears the football cleats...the hard round type. Is that legal in ASA Senior play ?
  19. hookupny

Other Umpires wanted for Baseball & Softball

Where in Jersey ?
  20. hookupny

ASA any glove for any position?

I thought a glove had to be less than 15" in ASA ?