Search results

1. B

10 Man Fall Tournaments

Are there any 10 Man tournaments in the fall of 2013?
  2. B

Hits For Kids Tourney

The Germantown (NY) Park Commission will be hosting the 2012 Hits For Kids Softball Tournament July 7-8. This years tourney will be a benefit event to purchase a new playground. Looking to attract 12 teams for pool play into single elimination. Strict modified B style pitching with...
  3. B

Drifton Modified Class C Tourney

Has anybody heard anything about this tourney? Usually happens the weekend after the 10 Man B, but have not seen anything.
  4. B

Is The Economy Hurting Softball?

As I read the posts, one thing seems to really hit me. Is interest in softball lessening? Long established leagues are folding or merging, tournaments posted seem to have little to no interst, and in the league I play in, it looks as though for the second consecutive year we will have less...
  5. B

Limited Flight Balls?

Our league is facing a competition/safety dilemma. Two of the fields we play on were built many years ago, and have dimensions of 245' down the lines and 265' to center. These were fine for single wall bats or wood and cork center balls, however, today's bats and balls produce safety issues...
  6. B

League Poll

I am doing a little research for our softball league in upstate New York. It is the Hudson valley Men's Softball League which currently is a 10 Man league with no bunting or stealing. My question to leagues around the states is: What are your entry fees, and what does it include? Currently...
  7. B

Possibility For 2011

I would like to try and hold a 10 Man Bowling Motion tournament in 2011. Where it gets dicey is the style under which I would like to run this tournament. Other posts have talked of the separation of Major and A players from what is often called the B or C level player. In this tournament, I...
  8. B

Classes Of Modified

Over the years there have been many issues/complaints about Modified Pitch softball. Most seem to revolve around pitching. While the ASA, ISA and some independent leagues have all tried their way to simplify the game, nothing seems to work for all parties involved. When I was growing up...
  9. B

Bats and Balls

Saw a possible tragedy last night in our league. A veteran pitcher took what appeared to be a line shot directly to the temple. Although completely unseen he was able to partially deflect the direct hit with his pitching hand. He layed on the mound motionless for a period of time, but was...
  10. B

Drifton Class C 10 Man

Has anybody out there attended this event in the past? Just curious how the pitching is.