Search results

1. BigShep

Been away for a while

Demarini Venum Ritch’s Superior Grover MVP
  2. BigShep

Dropping my shoulder

Shoulder drop is a symptom caused by Lunging at short pitches. When you lunge you bend your front knee and prematurely turning your hips and dropping your backside. Stop lunging and they’ll stop saying you’re dropping your shoulder.
  3. BigShep

New DeMarini Steel?

Bueller?!?
  4. BigShep

New DeMarini Steel?

Still looking for someone who has actually hit a 2018 Steel ...
  5. BigShep

New DeMarini Steel?

I heard they were being shipped this week. Anybody swung one yet?
  6. BigShep

New DeMarini Steel?

Thanks, guys. That makes sense. I’ve owned 5 Steels including the OG White and Raw. Different models perform slightly differently, but only slightly. Guess I’ll have to wait until April to find out about the new one unless anybody has swung a prototype.
  7. BigShep

New DeMarini Steel?

Looks like there is a 2018 DeMarini Steel ... pics in the Direct Sports catalog, although I couldn’t find it on the DeMarini website. True? Anybody swing one? Comparisons to the 2016 Raw Steel and 2014 White Steel?
  8. BigShep

Old Freaks......

I believe that is an illegal bat modification and, as such, they can no longer be used in sanctioned competition. Neat idea, though.
  9. BigShep

Demarini White Steel Warranty Class Action

We shattered a previous model of WS. Shard went by the pitcher's head. Never seen that happen with an aluminum alloy bat. But, then again, temps were in lower 50's ... below warranty and batter's name was "Big'un". I've played in 3 different senior singlewall leagues, and the best bats BY...
  10. BigShep

For Sale Mizuno Blasts

Since SBF 's Store has been selling the newest Blast (Jawz) for $40, $60 may be a bit overpriced. ijs
  11. BigShep

Meeting Mr Woodlawn, aka Pops44...

The two stints I did in Florida allowed me to visit Pops and the Woodlawn Hitting Club several times. I was immediately welcomed and felt at ease with Dave and all the regulars. Look forward to getting back someday. You'll enjoy it.
  12. BigShep

Why should I care about anything but 52s?

You should care about .44/375's because you might live long enough to play senior ball and get to hit them with real (1..21bpf) bats!
  13. BigShep

Balls thats are softer than 52/300 but still Asa

Three bad options could be in your future: - Dudley Softie's - cork centers - .52 COR, 275 comps ... which are really worse than the 300's.
  14. BigShep

White Steel rumor.......

Is anybody noticing that the Raw Steel model number is WTDXSTL-16 but the "Steel" model submitted to ASA is STL-16. From that I would infer that there is another Steel with a composite handle yet to be announced. Unless something has changed, these are fragile in cool weather if hitting the...
  15. BigShep

2015 Miken Freak 52

Went with the 27oz Max Freak 52. Got the 2015 new for half price on clearance ... thanks to the gift card from my loving wife! Can't wait for the 70-degree temps of last week to return to hit it vs. my 27oz Z-2000. Thanks for your posts ... esp Marl.
  16. BigShep

2015 Miken Freak 52

my bad ... The Miken Freak 52 is only a Maxload (.5oz endload), not a Supermax (1.0oz).
  17. BigShep

2015 Miken Freak 52

Need Freak 52 Supermax input ASAP ! Does the 2015 Miken Freak52 Maxload swing light or heavy? I know it's an endload, but trying to decide between 27oz or 28oz. My 28oz (red) ASA Miken Recoil Maxload (MSRMA) feels a bit heavy, but my 27oz senior Miken Ultra Big Cat (MMULT2) feels perfect...
  18. BigShep

Just an O.G. dropping by to say hi

"... Standing' in the shadows ... "
  19. BigShep

New White Steel

Update Update: checked in with Demo Cust Svc. New steel bat is "in the Design Phase". We won't see it this fall and probably not in April because that is when their fast pitch bats come out. I'm thinking late June, but that's a guess.