Search results

1. BigShep

New DeMarini Steel?

Looks like there is a 2018 DeMarini Steel ... pics in the Direct Sports catalog, although I couldn’t find it on the DeMarini website. True? Anybody swing one? Comparisons to the 2016 Raw Steel and 2014 White Steel?
  2. BigShep

New White Steel

Called DeMarini Customer Service today to get an update on the Steels. Was told that they have decided to make them again. Should be in the fall or next spring. Couldn't pin them down to a closer date.
  3. BigShep

Miz Blast 2 vs. Blast 3 turfs

Well, last week my Mizuno Blast 2 turf shoes finally wore out (toes coming thru) so I switched to the Blast 3 turfs I had bought back in December ... same size (12.5) with same orthotics. I looked forward to them because the toe is more closed which should keep my feet drier when OF grass is...
  4. BigShep

Review of Nano Omega and Alpha

Two months ago, I asked Tumblebug to do me a favor and send me a Nano Omega to hit and review. I asked him to do this because I maintain the bat list for 4 singlewall leagues, and people ask my opinion about how bats perform. He not only agreed, but sent me both an Alpha and Omega (both 28oz)...
  5. BigShep

Balance Points of 2012 Raw Steel and WS

What can you tell me about the Balance Point of the 2012 26oz Raw Steel and the 2012 26oz White Steel? My og 26oz Raw Steel is my fave and more balanced than the '06 White or '10 White. Thanks, but I'm only interested in feedback on the 26oz. My Balance Points (measured from the bottom...
  6. BigShep

Built My Own Pitching Screen ...

Last winter I built my own pitching screen. I bought heavyweight netting and built the rest of it with materials and parts from Ace and Home Depot. Set up it's about 3.5' wide and 6.5' tall with supporting legs to steady it ... but it folds down to 6" x 7" x 48" (see pics) for transport...
  7. BigShep

Smart tactics or Unsportsmanlike ???

Last night in a close game with a man on 1st and one out our pitcher let a pop-up fall in front of him ... trying to get the DP. He got the guy going to 2B but we failed to turn the DP. The ump admonished him for "unsportsmanlike conduct" which, I guess, was a warning. As far as I know, this...
  8. BigShep

Rip-It REAP5 Now a Singlewall on ASA

I know BillVP already posted this a couple of hours ago, but I didn't think that this "front page" news should be buried at the bottom of an old thread. Today I got an email from the same ASA source that had previously told me that Rip-It requested the REAP5 to be listed as a multi-wall...
  9. BigShep

Met zonk55 today

zonk55 (aka Frank) was playing at a local tournament in Glen Burnie, MD so I went out to see him play. I wanted to see how a guy who's older than dirt (me, that is) can play. I can honestly say that this brother's got game!! He's a fellow outfielder, fast and trim with good bat power. I...
  10. BigShep

Miken Fusion Review

Background I keep a bat list for several senior and co-rec singlewall leagues in central Maryland. In an effort to determine that a bat’s performance is safe enough for play and meets the singlewall definition, I try to swing as many of the new “singlewall” bats as possible. The operative...
  11. BigShep

Sweet Spots and Balance Points

There have been several threads mentioning that the location of the NanoTek's sweetspot was closer to the end of the bat than others, so I thought I'd measure mine and observe the results. Right now, I'm just in the "hmmm" stage ... trying to see if there are any correllations between SS...
  12. BigShep

Is the REAP5 Reaper really ASA legal?

I already posted this in the Rip-It section, (and contacted Rip-It) without response, so ... I know the REAP5 is supposed to be a singlewall. So why isn't it listed on the ASA Certified Equipment site?? And on the subject of it being a singlewall, a couple of the claims have me scratching...
  13. BigShep

Is the REAP5 approved for ASA?

Yeah ... I know it's supposed to be a singlewall. So why isn't it listed on the ASA Certified Equipment site?? And on the subject of it being a singlewall, a couple of the claims have me scratching my head ... If it's a singlewall, why are there "layers"? If it's a singlewall, why is there...
  14. BigShep

2010 White Steel question ...

Just picked up a 2010 White Steel (burgundy/white) for a good price from that "ultimate" place. I understand the limited durability of the Steels, but have heard that the first batch of these was particularly fragile ... any truth to that? IF SO, What are the chances that they bought up...
  15. BigShep

Got the Nano working tonight ...

We were hitting .52/275's tonight and the temps were around 95 at game time. I started off hitting my composites ... Stealth 2 hits, Flex 1 hit. Decent contact but not a lot of jump. I switched to the NanoTek for the last 3 AB's. One rip past the pitcher into center and two hard shots at the...
  16. BigShep

GTG Kuntry44 is gtg ...

Just completed a simultaneous pay/ship deal with kuntry44. He shipped promptly and the bat was in great condition.
  17. BigShep

GTG Kilgore is GTG with BigShep

Kilgore is definitely gtg. A smooth deal with timely communication. I look forward to dealing with him in the future.
  18. BigShep

GTG Cee59 is gtg ...

Just did a smooth deal with Cee59. Good communication and timely payment. I look forward to dealing with him in the future.
  19. BigShep

GTG Kreationz is GTG

Just did a smooth deal with kreationz who is gtg.
  20. BigShep

For Sale 28oz Mizuno RB Frenzy98 12.5"

28oz Mizuno RB Frenzy 98 12.5" (ASA). About 200 tee swings by a 63-yo player. Mint condition ... see it to believe it. Just not using it. Bat is returnable. Receipt is 15 months old. Bat is sold. PM me with your email for pics (... I can't get them uploaded from my new camera. )