Search results

1. fitzpats

Any International Tie Breaker (ITB)

Hey everyone. Just wanted to see if I screwed up last night, or if I got it right. League playoff game using ASA/USA softball rules with some league modifications. Time limit hits with the score tied, so we move to extra innings. League paperwork says extra innings are done using the...
  2. fitzpats

ASA Batted Ball Contacting Runner on the Base

So this may sound like a complaining post about an umpire, and it is a bit. But I want to know your thoughts. Runner on third is standing on the base with a shot hit down the line. Runner doesn't move and is hit with the ball while in contact with third base and our third baseman is attempting...
  3. fitzpats

Any Hypothetical Timing Play

Just something that I thought about, and don't know why. I just want to know the ruling on the timing of the play, and how things would shake out. Thanks for any input. Bases loaded with R1 on 3rd, R2 on 2nd, and R3 on 1st. 2 outs, and batter gets a hit into the gap and clears the bases with a...
  4. fitzpats

Bad League Directors

One league director just set up a summer league and took 10 teams for an 8-game schedule. Then set up playoffs for the league, and games for first round are 1-2, 3-4, 5-6, 7-8, 9-10. Not sure what's up with that one. Anyone else have anything like this?
  5. fitzpats

ASA Batted ball out of play

Scenario is batter hits a line drive to LF in front of fielder. As fielder attempts to field the ball, the ball richochets off the fielder's knee and goes out of play. By the time the ball goes out of play, runner had passed first. What is the awarded base for the BR? I believe I know the...
  6. fitzpats

Any Pitch Height and Illegal

Ok. This could be a possibly stupid question, but tonight made me think about it. I am new NSA umpire, and had both teams complaining that my floor was too low. Of course, all pitchers here are trying to lower the floor for some odd reason. Any way, I've been determining pitch height based on if...
  7. fitzpats

NSA Thoughts on interference call

Alright. I'm looking for affirmation that I made the right call. Still feel strongly that I was correct, but looking for others view. I won't argue. Batter hits higher pop up in foul territory that the catcher could get. Batter runs to side of catcher stomping feet. The catcher stopped short...
  8. fitzpats

NSA Illegal Pitch?

Alright. I read the book, but still have a question about the possibility of an illegal pitch. Had it happen to us last night, didn't change anything about the game, but still curious. Pitcher is on the rubber, sends the ball toward the batter, then steps back like he's winding up. Would...
  9. fitzpats

Arpin, WI this weekend

Had players bail. Anyone interested? Thee game guarantee. First game Sat AM 10 o'clock. Would have put under free agent market, but not a lot of movement in there anymore. Let me know. Thanks!
  10. fitzpats

Other Batted Ball Hits Runner on Base

Ok. Little help with this one, if this call exists at all. Playing in an ump-your-own team league (church ball), with R1 on first, and B1 batting. B1 hit a line-drive down the line and the ball struck R1 while on the base with all fielders behind him. I know what the call should have been in...
  11. fitzpats

Help in Flint, MI

Need a couple guys for a game in Flint, MI on Saturday 8/8/2015. Game is at 2pm, but not a softball game. Need players for a vintage base ball game. It's 9 innings, so a couple hours, with wood bats, baseballs, and no gloves. Tons of fun, and family friendly. It's on U-M Flint's campus. Check...
  12. fitzpats

NSA Umpire's Take

Just wondering what some umpire’s thoughts are on this scenario. Nobody out, R1 on second, R2 on first (me), and B3 up to bat. B3 hits a ball that SS has to dive for. I look at the SS, but can’t see the ball or catch so I glance at FU. FU raises hand to his head, but nothing is audible (common...
  13. fitzpats

Price Check White one-piece DC 41

As the title says, I'm looking for a price check (range) on the older, white DC-41 that's the one-piece construction. What ever happened to the price guide that used to be a sticky here?
  14. fitzpats

GTG Hunter09

Good board bro here. Purchased a bat from him and got it within a couple days. Stayed on top of communication really well. Thanks a ton!
  15. fitzpats

Mercies

Are they ASA only, or do they have the 2012 NSA stamp? Thinking of picking one up for my wife, but didn't wasn't sure about the new stamp. Thanks for any help.
  16. fitzpats

West Michigan thread #3

Let's try this again. See if we can keep it going.
  17. fitzpats

Price Check on 27oz NRG600

As the title says. I have a minty balanced 27oz that I'm debating moving. Want to know what they are going for shipped. Thanks for any help.
  18. fitzpats

Where can I find

NSA Evil 52/275? I didn't see them on the SBF site.
  19. fitzpats

Any Curious to umps thoughts

Not that it really mattered in the game, but just took me aback a bit. Typically, as I step into the box, I'll tap the corner of the plate to measure where I want to stand, take a breath, while a couple underhand movements with the bat happen before bringing bat to shoulder and get set. All...
  20. fitzpats

Danish Fest 2014

Anyone playing in it this weekend?