Search results

1. S

2016 Limited Release Helmer Flex ASA & USSSA

I play for the conference team Precision and played in the Columbus major this past weekend. We were fortunate enough to get a handful of the new 13.5'' barrel flex models. I've been swinging the black/gold Helmer all year and it still tests around 280, but when I took my first swing with a...
  2. S

Jiblet protection

I use the Nutty Buddy. I where a jock strap over under armour compression sliders (not underneath), with the nutty buddy under the jock strap but on top of the compression shorts. As long as the jock strap is snug, it will not move around. I've taken a few shots off of it and don't feel a thing.
  3. S

Hydration

Advocare Rehydrate
  4. S

Times They Are A Changing...

Travis told me the injury was a bad bruise and according to DW he will be playing this weekend in Columbus.
  5. S

Glasses for softball

I have astigmatism in my right eye and I'm a left handed batter. I don't know the severity of your's compared to mine but I get the Acuvue Oasys for Astigmatism brand contacts and they work great. Just my experience as your case could be more severe than mine.
  6. S

Knuckling HR

I've done it a handful of times but the bat I was using was cracked.
  7. S

Sun glass's. Post yours

Easton Diamond Interchangeable Sunglasses They come with 3 different lenses. My favorite is the yellow for night games. I wear contacts and they help cut the glare from the lights. Takes roughly 2 minutes to switch out the lenses.
  8. S

Class representation on SBF

Tournaments - Conference B
  9. S

"protection" question

Can't agree more with this! I've been hit there a few times and it never hurt. One of the best softball investments I've made.
  10. S

HOF this Weekend in FL

Who's going to be there this weekend for the dual event? I will be there with Linedrive Sports.
  11. S

Spark

I really like Rehydrate from Advocare.
  12. S

Dubuque Iowa

Website that typically has the Dubuque Early Bird information: http://www.waterloosoftball.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=4&sid=fc943dda88eac40e64f73af21b0eb334
  13. S

P90X2 Question

Love the P.A.P. Lower! Regarding the Crazy Eight, the last set always turns into momentum curls as my arms are exhausted. I always lower the weight but they still get me.
  14. S

3b?

I will be playing the Conference this year and decided to get a bigger glove, I will be using a Boombah 13.5" glove. The last couple years I've been using a TPX Flare 12.75" glove with decent results. As for where I play, it all depends on the situation and batter. Typically I stand 10+ feet...
  15. S

P90X2 Question

My core is a lot stronger after the first phase and into the second. Plus my balance is a ton better. I subsitute P90X Legs and Back for Plyos right now because my garage is to cold at 5 am. The balance I have doing one legged exercises now is beyond better than when I did P90X itself.
  16. S

P90X2 Question

I'm almost done with phase 2 of p90x2 and I don't have a medicine ball. They show you plenty of variations to do without them. That's just my opinion but I might buy some for round 2 of this just to switch things up a little. On a side note, phase 2 of p90x2 is set up nicely to be hybrided...
  17. S

Whats your UTRIP bat of choice??

Balanced 454 I picked up the 454 reload, I like the .5 oz endload so figured I'd give a try.
  18. S

acl help???

I have a Don Joy knee brace and that's what the doctor ordered me to wear. Had the surgery in 2009 and i'm still wearing it to this day.
  19. S

whats the best deal you've ever got on a bat?

27.5 oz barely used red and yellow mutant for $125. I have an OG Flex that rarely leaves my hands so it was used for 2 seasons by my league team full of my brothers high school buddies. Traded it locally for a 26 oz MV1 and $50 because I mostly play utrip. Also got a used 28 oz green Catty...
  20. S

Question about the Nutty Buddy

I have the nutty buddy. I also got their compression shorts but they were biker shorts and didn't feel right well wearing them as they were really short. So I just wear UA sliding shorts. I occassionaly have the same problem of it sliding around on me and it's usually because I don't have it...