Search results

1. ProTow34

Alpha Elite Santa Maria

Who is going to this tournament? This is our first time playing AEUSA softball and we were wondering what to expect...
  2. ProTow34

Las Vegas BLD

any tournaments at BLD Las Vegas on 7/5 ? gonna be in town for the weekend and me and a buddy are looking to get picked up to play... He is a good outfielder and solid hitter.. I play 1st base Catcher and can pitch if needed, I hit very well...
  3. ProTow34

Nsa Santa Maria Softball Tournament

team list update?
  4. ProTow34

USSSA Easter Showdown Results Santa Maria

yes sir.. I think ASA Nationals are in Hanford that same weekend!!!!
  5. ProTow34

USSSA Easter Showdown Results Santa Maria

couldn't agree more.. not the showing we wanted to have but still had a great time....
  6. ProTow34

USSSA Pitching Arc

USSSA is probably the most subjective pitching for an umpire. I have NEVER called a strike that was only 4 ft from the ground regardless of where the release was. As umpires we were taught to judge height from the release BUT EVERY PITCH MUST HAVE AN ARC and MUST NOT HAVE EXCESSIVE SPEED.. it is...
  7. ProTow34

April 5 & 6 - USSSA - Paso Robles

why compete with Santa Maria on same days?
  8. ProTow34

define "sandbagging"

WOW!!!! did you think of that all by yourself???
  9. ProTow34

define "sandbagging"

I agree.. wish I played for them.. but is he wearing steel cleats in softball??
  10. ProTow34

define "sandbagging"

What makes team "sandbaggers"? Is it playing down in tournaments when you have "ranked" players? Or if your team fits the matrix than its not "sandbagging"? just curious to hear some opinions on this...
  11. ProTow34

League night VS Tournament play

it has been my experience that league night is more of a social gathering for the fellas. League is a good opportunity to hang out and talk shop and maybe get som swings in as well. Tournaments are more competitive and guys generally take them a bit more serious...
  12. ProTow34

Best compliment you've gotten on the field......

best compliment I ever received on the field was when the coach of the other team said how great our attitudes were after losing.. told me he would like to get the number of every guy on the team...
  13. ProTow34

Something that has always bothered me at tournaments

I am really surprised than so many of you guys can justify illegal drug use in such a public fashion... I think it is crazy that EVERY tournament I play in I have to explain to my kids why somebody is smoking pot so openly.. to each his own ?????? when it effects dozens of other people at the...
  14. ProTow34

Hitting Knob (Revolutionary Hitting Weight)

so this is a counter weight that produces more head speed and helps muscle memory... Barry bonds used counter weighting on his bats for years (that's why he had so much tape).. it works.. excellent idea here.....
  15. ProTow34

Dont throw it so hard..

if I were the hitter and you rolled the ball to first I would be pissed.. why not just make a MINOR adjustment and enjoy the game?
  16. ProTow34

Andy Purcell

don't be surprised when ALL pitchers in slow pitch softball at ALL levels are REQUIRED to wear some sort of face protection.. it would make sense for the sanctions to protect the players, and I would be willing to bet that it would make insurance a lil more affordable..
  17. ProTow34

Bat sticker ideas?

you break it you bought it!!! not a TEAM bat!!! buy your own damn bat!!!!!
  18. ProTow34

Adjusting to ASA swing

don't try to reinvent the wheel.. make a 1 minor adjustment at a time until you find what works.. its not rocket science, just softball...