Search results

1. FatBoy28

Fast pitch to slow pitch

I always used to be waaaaay ahead of the ball on my swing. Not because of transitioning to any other sport but just because I lack depth perception. What helped me was watching youtube videos and clicking through it frame by frame and I realized how little the ball travelled during the...
  2. FatBoy28

For Sale 26oz ASA Cluggy

Thanks for the bump, Bat is sold.
  3. FatBoy28

USSSA Slowpitch bat

It depends, define "fastpitch" bat
  4. FatBoy28

For Sale 26oz ASA Cluggy

SOLD - 26 oz ASA CL22 Juggernaut. Low hits (less than 300), single owner good condition, original grip. $140 shipped PPFF I know I didn't throw out the documentation but I don't have it handy and I can't promise I can find it in my house either if you really must have it.
  5. FatBoy28

ASA (Slow Pitch) What's the call?

Doh ... missed that part. my bad
  6. FatBoy28

ASA (Slow Pitch) What's the call?

USSSA Rule 8 - Baserunning Sec. 5. BASE RUNNERS ARE OUT under the following circumstances: C. When a base runner is struck by a fair batted ball on fair ground while off his base and before it touches a fielder or passes a fielder.
  7. FatBoy28

Bunt/chop question

previously I was just having fun with joker but I'll plead guilty for my last post. I would point out that so far I have been the only one to actually quote the rule book..
  8. FatBoy28

Bunt/chop question

Ever heard the term “swinging bunt”
  9. FatBoy28

Bunt/chop question

and yet the words “tapped slowly” appear in the rule book definition. And yet the motion/velocity of the bat appears nowhere in the rule book definition
  10. FatBoy28

Bunt/chop question

fixed it for you
  11. FatBoy28

Bunt/chop question

When the bat is meeting the ball, then the ball has been met with the bat. You may or may not recognize these nuances of the English language from the SATs. Therefore by your statement a swing can meet the rulebook definition of a bunt
  12. FatBoy28

Bunt/chop question

I'm not the one who said that the bat has to be stationary for the ball to be intentionally met with the bat.
  13. FatBoy28

Bunt/chop question

So the only time the ball is "intentionally met with the bat" is a bunt? Every single hit in all of softball is an accident?
  14. FatBoy28

Bunt/chop question

Edited for Joker's approval
  15. FatBoy28

Bunt/chop question

Do you always try and protest judgement calls?
  16. FatBoy28

Bunt/chop question

I copied and pasted definitions directly from the rule book. What exactly is wrong?
  17. FatBoy28

Bunt/chop question

All I did was quote a rule and you curse at people ... who exactly is the one throwing gas?
  18. FatBoy28

Bunt/chop question

I'll stop if you do
  19. FatBoy28

Bunt/chop question

I never said I would, only that the definition does not require anything of the swing itself to be a bunt. And by the way, the "3/4 swing" is the guestimation of the umpire. How do you know its not a half swing? Would you call a bunt on a half swing?
  20. FatBoy28

Bunt/chop question

You didn’t specify the association so I went with USSSA since it’s the only Rulebook I have handy: BUNT refers to a batted ball that is intentionally met with the bat and tapped slowly CHOPPED BALL is a batted ball that the batter strikes downward so that it hits the ground within the infield...