Search results

1. RobinMichaels

looking for pitching machines

Thank you for all of your responses. Looks like it is going to be a Juggs after all. Thanks for the props on the leather also Donger.. I am still working it in so that it is nice and soft and not trampolining every line shot at it.
  2. RobinMichaels

For Sale/Trade 27oz SCN8 Flex Clean and 100% Visible Stamps

I have to say I am interested. I had one that cracked a few years ago. The only problem is that I play both ASA and USSSA and curious if the stamp on this is still good to go with the new U-trip regulations?
  3. RobinMichaels

looking for pitching machines

The season is just around the corner and trying to get myself back into shape again. I have been using a tee for a few years now but I want to expand into getting a nice, pitching machine. I have been eyeing the Juggs but do not know anyone who has actually used one. I normally don't have...
  4. RobinMichaels

Intentional Walk question for pitchers

Very interesting thread hijacking. Back to the Original Post, I have only intentionally walked someone when it was strategic to do so. When you are in a tight tournament game and some poor team is down a player so the last batter is an out. If it is tight, I will walk him to force the side...
  5. RobinMichaels

looking for team in Cheyenne area

cool, thanks for the board link, will check this out.
  6. RobinMichaels

I am looking for any teams in the region. Just getting the hooks out there to see if there are any teams looking for players.
  7. RobinMichaels

I was not sure what regional section to through this into since the midwest is all Illinois, Michigan, ect and no listing for Colorado or Wyoming. I am moving to the area this next month and looking to join a team. If anyone is interested in picking up a player, drop me a line and can get...
  8. RobinMichaels

player rant one season and now wants to play again

The 3rd base option is an interesting one. Just have to make sure that your rover is able to cover his back side but there will be enough action on 3rd to prove to him that he has no business being anywhere but the catcher. Just cross your fingers that he catches on quickly.
  9. RobinMichaels

Learning to Pitch

Some really good stuff on this. Make sure you also get your protective gear on while you are out there. Practice with it on so you can get used to it. As a pitcher you will get an occasional shot back. It happens. Othwerwise, have fun with it.
  10. RobinMichaels

Shoulder work

I should clarify, the work was done on my non-throwing shoulder. Things are moving along really nicely so far. 5 weeks out and have about 90% of my mobility back, just not started any resistance work at all to start getting my strength back. I have already resigned to doing mostly full...
  11. RobinMichaels

photographers hollar

some good shots. It is so much easier outside than inside due to the lighting. I decided years ago to step up since I have had lots of family do photos. I run a Nikon D90 with a Tameron lens. Just trying to get more into my portfolio of sports shots. Of course, timing is everything.
  12. RobinMichaels

Shoulder work

That would be really cool. I could use it. The time table looks to be about 8-9 weeks out from the surgery and it is on my fielding shoulder. I will be getting more advise from the doc here on my next follow up to see how well I am progressing. Hopefully I am making enough progress that it...
  13. RobinMichaels

photographers hollar

Some good ideas there. I have gotten loads from the 3rd base side on some shots like this. I do like trying to get through the fence as best as I can but working through those squares really made it rough sometimes.
  14. RobinMichaels

photographers hollar

Ok, I have been doing some amateur photography stuff and since I have been out on the IR I have been doing shots of my team playing. I am curious about what locations do the other people who do the photos use. I have gotten some good ones from behind the home plate fence for front on pitcher...
  15. RobinMichaels

Shoulder work

Ok, had to step out for a bit of the season to get some work done on my shoulder. Small Labrum tear that got fixed and doing my therapy to get back before the season is over. The question I am asking is if anyone uses that flex tape to help deal with the muscle issues. I have tried a small...
  16. RobinMichaels

DH opinions

Hey, thanks for the ideas. For clarity sake, it is EH and not DH. I apologize for the confusion. This was just something that has become a serious pain in the a$$ for one of my teams.
  17. RobinMichaels

A player quit my team 30 min before the game to join another team at the same park.

One of those fun co-ed issues you will run into. Just work them over and run rule them when you play them. Nuff said.
  18. RobinMichaels

DH opinions

I am sure that there are going to be the usual rips about having balls drag and you are the one stud that never sits for DH, so blow on by. I play on multiple leagues and since I also play on 'pay to play' teams. We have around 12 people that are all full time players that have spent their...
  19. RobinMichaels

Middle Shot

I would feel anytime some bonehead took a shot off of my body and his team cheered, I would ask my team to at least politely remind them that their pitcher is also a target. I understand that the middle is part of the field but trying to cheer one someone getting hurt is a whole different issue.