Search results

1. RobinMichaels

looking for pitching machines

The season is just around the corner and trying to get myself back into shape again. I have been using a tee for a few years now but I want to expand into getting a nice, pitching machine. I have been eyeing the Juggs but do not know anyone who has actually used one. I normally don't have...
  2. RobinMichaels

looking for team in Cheyenne area

I was not sure what regional section to through this into since the midwest is all Illinois, Michigan, ect and no listing for Colorado or Wyoming. I am moving to the area this next month and looking to join a team. If anyone is interested in picking up a player, drop me a line and can get...
  3. RobinMichaels

photographers hollar

Ok, I have been doing some amateur photography stuff and since I have been out on the IR I have been doing shots of my team playing. I am curious about what locations do the other people who do the photos use. I have gotten some good ones from behind the home plate fence for front on pitcher...
  4. RobinMichaels

Shoulder work

Ok, had to step out for a bit of the season to get some work done on my shoulder. Small Labrum tear that got fixed and doing my therapy to get back before the season is over. The question I am asking is if anyone uses that flex tape to help deal with the muscle issues. I have tried a small...
  5. RobinMichaels

DH opinions

I am sure that there are going to be the usual rips about having balls drag and you are the one stud that never sits for DH, so blow on by. I play on multiple leagues and since I also play on 'pay to play' teams. We have around 12 people that are all full time players that have spent their...
  6. RobinMichaels

moving into the Cheyenne area

I am going to be moving into Cheyenne over the spring and looking for any team that could use an extra bat or pitcher. PM me if you would be interested in getting any of my info and I can get it to you. Coming from SD and pretty much just played ASA and that is all I have for gear.
  7. RobinMichaels

indoor ball

Now that the summer and fall season here have finished. We are getting ready for the winter and the long layoff before we can get back out into the fields. I was wondering if there are any areas that have an indoor facility that they still play in over the winter? How do they set everything...
  8. RobinMichaels

need help identifying a bat

I am at a loss on this one. One of my coed lady players also plays on a women's slow pitch team and they have a team bat that everyone has been using. This is a bat that she want to get one for herself but cannot find one. It was won last year at a tournament and I have looked at it and...
  9. RobinMichaels

changing associations

I may be moving in a few years to another state. They all play ASA around here but where I may be moving to another state that play USSSA. I have not been able to find any ASA information anywhere. Has anyone switched from one association to another or plays in both leagues? How much of an...
  10. RobinMichaels

new first for me

This is one that I have never done before. The coed games this weekend were good but we played against a deaf team. They were a new team and just getting the feel of playing ball. I pitched the first inning and it was obvious that they were not sure of swinging the bat so I put every meatball...
  11. RobinMichaels

being able to bite your lip

Ok, rant just to get it over with. I play Men's, Co-ed, and Church league. So I do my best to keep things optimistic on how well my teams play. Today was the final season tournament for Church league. We have a great 1st game and lose by one run. Bases loaded, tying run on 3rd and batter...
  12. RobinMichaels

breaking in a new ump

I had to be nice last week. Our usual men's league was short on Friday and had called in a couple of backup umpires to fill but they had never umped a slow pitch game. The one that we had was a much younger guy who had been doing high school fast pitch games. By the time he had gotten to our...
  13. RobinMichaels

cleaning masks

Ok, here is one for all of the pitchers that wear the protective masks. I just started this year wearing a catchers mask and I have gotten comfortable with it but I have a question. Since I sweat tons while I am playing and all of that gets soaked up in the padding in the helmet, what does...
  14. RobinMichaels

so lets see your your team in action

So how many of you out there actually have some shots of your teams in action? I started getting some shots this year for some camera practice and thought I would share some of the better ones. Safe good swing hitting grounders
  15. RobinMichaels

Any helmet graphics

This is just more of a general question that just popped into my head and I was curious if it would be possible or allowed in a game situation. I have not seen it yet but thought I would throw it out here just to see the response. Ok, there are pitchers that are using catchers helmets...
  16. RobinMichaels

ASA question on how to protest a call

This is something that happened to my team last year and I was curious about if and how there would be a way to protest a quick call. Here is the situation. I was on 3rd and there was a runner on 1st with 1 out. The next batter hits a nice little in field bloop that goes to the short stop...
  17. RobinMichaels

Any question on pitching

Ok, this one may take a little and I am sure that it is going to be a 'umpire's discretion' and a 'be there'. Anyway, here is the situation and question. I am a pitcher and when getting into my game mode, I am pretty much working on the batters mind while out there. I always check to make...