Search results

1. HAT MAN

you make the call

gotcha. My view had nothing to do with if he saw it or not per say but that he reversed a call after we left the field. If he never said out our catcher would have throw to third for the tag.
  2. HAT MAN

you make the call

ok let me be more specific. We believed he crossed the line but other team said he didn't. whether the blue saw if he did while watching the double play at first is his to own.The question isn't if the blue missed the call the question he admitted that he called it too soon, it is the reversal...
  3. HAT MAN

you make the call

discussed this with a few umps and curious on the majority call. Bases loaded no out. Ground ball to 1st playing even with the bag. reaching for runner runner called out of baseline, 1st baseman steps on 1st.... out number 2 with the force removed throws home and catcher is on plate umpire...
  4. HAT MAN

40s in Vegas

We lost our hotel connection this week, anyone care to share some tips on rooms for an entire team for next month Sept. 15,16,17. Besides the host hotel rooms. Poor girl was let go with no reason why.
  5. HAT MAN

You make the call

No it would be the point if the post was tell me if these guys were dumb or not for doing this. I can dumb it down for you. The thread would start: Some people are idiots then I would show your response. That would be the point of the thread. See what I did there?
  6. HAT MAN

You make the call

dumb or not, that's not the point. The umpires want to learn so ask me what the right call is often or give me scenarios so they get better. I have never seen this is tourney play but its a good question. The rule says cross the line but does not say the foot so in that case bother runners are...
  7. HAT MAN

What is the best New Miken Senior bat out there

Big Cat for sure. the new black isnt as hot
  8. HAT MAN

You make the call

2 runners going home to line. Both side by side. Both called out. Reason was could not be side by side when crossing line. First runner leaned forward and extended arms like in a running race to be before the second runner. So is the call wrong? Right? 1 safe 1 out? Throw was off so no play...
  9. HAT MAN

you make the call SR rules

lol ohhhh trust me you wont see me sliding or diving unless I fall. just a question for discussion wont matter either way to my playing. Just like to understand the dynamics of the rules both as an umpire and a player.
  10. HAT MAN

Yes true, the part I do not get is no sliding over the line clearly away from the plate or batters box. If the rule is to prevent collisions, and no collisions are possible in my scenario then a slide should be allowed. I think its added to make the safe out call much easier.
  11. HAT MAN

14 or 15 demar senior el

Blue every day and twice on sunday. if you have a lead on some please let me know so I can buy 10
  12. HAT MAN

ISPS Men's & Women's 40s & 50s Divisions Big League Dreams - Cathedral City, CA

question for 40s, is the same 12 minimum teams required for pay out. We rarely ever get 12 or more in any 40s tourney.
  13. HAT MAN

dont tell me what to do, its too fun to stop
  14. HAT MAN

New Team Name

Psych Ward or Team Psych
  15. HAT MAN

i agree also but begs the question should the rule be the same for the defense as well as offense?
  16. HAT MAN

runner rounds 3rd heading home. Throw is off line and catcher fields ball along fence by batters box. Catcher proceeds toward runner who is not past commitment line yet for the tag. Runner steps over line and its a race home. Catcher beats runner but dives on home plate while runner crosses line...
  17. HAT MAN

you make the call

thanks, our senior league umps come up with questions every week and and because I play they feel the need to stump me lol.
  18. HAT MAN

you make the call

Can a batter slash Runner Stop and run backwards while going to first base to avoid a tag in ssusa. In baseball I know it's an out but insure in ssusa.
  19. HAT MAN

Phoenix bros

whatever man
  20. HAT MAN

Senior bats v USSSA/ASA bats...

I would take a quality senior bat over the best utrip or asa bat you can find. Even shaved to the tee. Buy yourself a dudley and you will be the star of any team. Just be prepared to be asked to use it. Sr bats have less shelp life so Top 3 sr bats Dudley adidas melee II Miken sr patriot