Search results

1. rhound50

USSSA Never seen this before

Usssa tournament Batter hits a ball in the gap, runner goes for 2nd throw comes from the outfielder. SS catches the ball and swipes at the runner holds up the ball like he tagged him. Base Umpire calls the batter runner out. The runner goes crazy screaming he didn’t even come come close to...
  2. rhound50

Senior softball is fun but

So I just turned 40, played my first couple of senor tournaments and gotta says it a lot of fun. First off its nice to be the young fast guy again, hitting is crazy the ball/bat combo is insane. I have a monsta fossil and a Dudley Lightning holy crap combine those with the rock hard balls and...
  3. rhound50

USSSA Interference/Obstruction

I wasn't involved in the play but saw the video on facebook and I was interested in what is the correct ruling. Batter hits a little pop up between 1b and home plate that lands fair in front of the 1b. The runner is running up the line, the catcher is also running up the line and is pretty much...
  4. rhound50

Other Saw something funny the other day

Not really a rules question but it is kinda umpire related so why not share. Our city league is pretty strict about swearing any use of the f-bomb in an ejection. Pitcher for a game I was watching waiting for my game line drive off the wrist of his glove hand. He drops his glove and is jumping...
  5. rhound50

Other Chase Utley's slide at 2nd

We have all seen the replay, my question Utley was originally called out but on replay he was called safe because Tejada didn't touch the bag, you also notice that at no time did Utley touch 2nd base. I had friend ask me how Utley could be called safe at 2nd base and placed on a base he never...
  6. rhound50

NY Giants lol

Espn is reporting that Eli Manning told R. Jennings not to score at the end of the game last night to take time off the clock. How'd that work out for you dumbass.
  7. rhound50

Tourney softball is dumb

We played in an E tourney this weekend, coach picked this tourney because we got 5 home runs when we normally get zero or occasionally 1. The tourney was fun, good competition, far fewer middle shots and 24 teams which is almost unheard of here outside of States/Regionals. Kinda makes me...
  8. rhound50

For Sale 2 NIW DC41s(white one) and 2 eastons

Two 26oz and DC41 NIW with receipt dated March 2015Sold 27oz 2013 Easton L2 1000 swings passed compression at worlds, some endcap wear but endcap is still tight no cracks or rattles still has its hologram on it, returnable no receipt, SOLD shipped 26oz SCN19 100 swings still not fully broken...
  9. rhound50

For Sale 2 NIW DC41s(white one) and OG 100h

26oz and 27oz DC41 NIW with receipt dated March 2015 $230 each. 27oz OG 100h 600ish swings, $230 shipped All prices are OBO and are as a gift or you pay fees, I have a couple hundred GTG's with no negative feedback. Not looking to trade at this time unless you absolutely blow me away...
  10. rhound50

For Sale 2 NIW DC41s(white one) and OG 100h

26oz and 27oz DC41 NIW with receipt dated March 2015Sold 27oz OG 100h 600ish swings, Sold All prices are OBO and are as a gift or you pay fees, I have a couple hundred GTG's with no negative feedback. Not looking to trade at this time unless you absolutely blow me away with an offer...
  11. rhound50

Why does softball have so many haters

Any time a team does well, people either wanna talk about how they got lucky or how they were sandbagging. Whatever happened to being happy for someone else's success. Is damn near everyone in softball such an egotistical douchebag that no one is willing to give anyone else credit or be happy...
  12. rhound50

Softball make me smh sometimes.

We have a very good local team, won usssa E worlds a couple years ago, they did move up and play D in usssa. The won wsl E worlds the following year. This year they won Asian E worlds. Somehow about half of the same team plus a number of usssa D and C players including two guys who played...
  13. rhound50

Some DC41 swings

http://youtu.be/LK9U1vk69-Y
  14. rhound50

USSSA Caught than dropped fly ball

Playing last night, guy hits a line drive to LF. The LF catches it at his shoe tops and then goes into a roll, as he is rolling his glove hits the ground and and the ball comes out. The umpire called him safe saying he didn't have it for long enough but wasn't able to say what the definition of...
  15. rhound50

Cousins or Kaepernick Week 4

This league is very QB heavy. 6 pts for passing TD, 1 pt for every 20 passing yards and 1 per 10 rushing yards. Both guys have pretty good matchups, I'm leaning towards Cousins what do other people think?
  16. rhound50

Another of the same

12 Teams, 20 picks, PPR, QBs get 6pts for passing TDs and 1pt for every 20 yards, 3rd round reversal. I was shocked given the format that I was able to get Manning with the 24th pick. 1. J. Charles 2. P. Manning 3. V. Jackson 4. V. Cruz 5. R. Rice 6. J. Cameron 7. D. Woodhead 8. E...
  17. rhound50

Since everyone else is doing it 12team ppr

12 team PPR, with QBs getting 6 points per TD. Top 2 spots in the regular season get paid and move onto all around playoffs. Feel like the Sanders pick might have been a round or so early. Was 1 spot from gettng L. Green in SD but ended up getting an upside but unproven backup TE. I did fail to...
  18. rhound50

Doing it wrong?

Playing league last swinging my nicely broken in DC41,I take a cut and next thing I know the bat is flying at the 3rd baseman. I look down confused to see that the knob is still in my hand, do you guys typically shave the barrel or the handle? Ok seriously the bats is stock and returnable...
  19. rhound50

Offensive ejection in E

A couple of local guys were saying that usssa removed the offensive ejection for dbos in E. I looked on the usssa site and didn't see anything. Anyone have any info?
  20. rhound50

USSSA Couple calls from this weekend

Played a tourney this weekend and there were two situations I had some questions about. The umpire is one of the best in the area, so I think I could be wrong on both. Play 1: 1st and 2nd with one out. Batter hits a ball into the RF corner, one runs scores, SS tries to get the runner going...