Search results

1. Goater

Miken Velocit-E Slow Pitch Softball Bat: SPVELA

to follow up on my OP ... I finally got to swing the bat in BP and it was nothing to write home about ... at a minimum, it had a small sweet spot, at least based on the balls that I hit .. not close to the senior bats that I swing in games
  2. Goater

it's the one in the video I posted ... still not sure which it is, but it matches the video
  3. Goater

Had a chance to swing it last Sunday ... not special ... would work for BP in cold weather
  4. Goater

This is it and this is easier than posting a photo Not trying to sell the bat, just looking for opinions
  5. Goater

Found this in the bat closet that I share with my son. Neither of us remember how and when it was acquired. I haven't had a chance to swing it. I believe it dates to the early to mid 2000's. Can anyone tell me something about it?
  6. Goater

Total Knee Replacement? Has any of you has come back to playing after a total knee replacement.

I had TKR (1 knee) and was back playing in about 4 months. Our league allows a runner from home, so that made it possible. It is now about 5 years later (I'm 77) and I do run from home. Previous to the TKR I played only outfield. Now I'm primarily 1st and catcher with an occasional inning in the...
  7. Goater

Help hitting the ball on the barrel, not the handle

I had the problem of hitting off the handle, as ongoing, for a while and now it is quite diminished. I discovered a problem with my swing that I believe contributed to the problem. I was starting my swing before my stride was complete and my front foot landed. I suspect that on outside corner...
  8. Goater

Crack or No Crack?

my gamer just developed a similar crack. I've heard that you can continue to get good hits for a while. My question is ... should the crack be 180 degrees from impact or 90 degrees ... if it somehow makes a difference?
  9. Goater

need Demarini Ultimate Weapon

He would be trading 27 oz composites. As for the Demarini ... I presume he would tale a 26, 27 or 28 with the two lighter ones being preferred
  10. Goater

need Demarini Ultimate Weapon

Writing this for my son. He plays in a single wall league. He would like to trade for a Demarini Ultimate Weapon. He would offer a couple of older Utrip composite bats. More if you are interested and have the bat to trade.
  11. Goater

TRX training....

I like this one ...
  12. Goater

Miken Pro Series

I'm considering buying a Miken Pro Series Glove 14" .... any feedback from current or former owners
  13. Goater

thumb device

I just became aware of this device but haven't tried one. I'm curious to get feedback from other senior softballers. There are several brands ... ThumbPro, thumbper, Prohitter. Has anyone used one of these and what do you think? I already take care to hold the bat in my fingers and line up my...
  14. Goater

this is us

15. Goater

Easton Aluminum

Selling for $75 each, will consider offers ... would trade one for a DeMarini Ultimate Weapon 1) Reflex C-Core SRX100-CX ... C405 ... 26 Oz. 2) Redline C-Core SZ1-C ... Scandium ... 27 Oz 3) Reflex Ultra Dan Schuck SRX2DS ... C405 ... 28 Oz Additional photos on request
  16. Goater

Knee Replacement

I'm 195 and was about 185 when I had the surgery ... my age was 71
  17. Goater

Knee Replacement

When I first came back after about 4 months, I switched from being an outfielder to first base. My league allows a runner from home when justified so I took advantage of that during the first season. I was fairly fast before the issues set in and was usually a designated runner. I've obviously...
  18. Goater

Senior Bats=Knuckleballs???

IMHO, warlock nailed it
  19. Goater

Senior BP in San Diego?

PM'ed him ... thanks I did have feed back on one drop in ... not senior exclusive but senior friendly
  20. Goater

Senior BP in San Diego?

I play senior ball in the SF Bay Area ... two leagues and a pickup BP each week. I'm 70 years old. We will be vacationing in San Diego in mid August and I don't like to miss an entire week. Are there any senior drop in BP sessions going on in SD? Ideal would be near Ocean Beach where we are...