Search results

1. thepiombino

SBFNJ Chapter 24

Looking for a new weekday team this fall in the Bridgewater area. Anyone need an infielder? Prefer 3rd, but can play anywhere.
  2. thepiombino

Looking for New Weekday Team in CNJ/Somerset County Area for Fall 2019

Looking for a weekday (pref Tues/Wed) team in the greater Bridgewater, NJ area. Prefer 3B, but can play anywhere in the infield.
  3. thepiombino

SBFNJ Chapter 24

Anyone looking for a couple guys for a weekday league in the Bridgewater/Somerville, NJ area? May be available depending on whether or not a current contact comes through or not. LMK thx
  4. thepiombino

The Provrbial "what would you do" question

Agreed... ^^^but always good to have a contingency plan.
  5. thepiombino

Famous pros that hit for average?

You mean anytime I don't strike out it doesn't automatically count as a hit regardless of the result? FC is a no-brainer, but I disagree w/Sacs. It already counts against your OBP, no need for it to count against AVG as well... IMO, if you go 3/4 w/a sac fly you hit .745 on the day with a...
  6. thepiombino

2012 ASA 454 Titan Reviews (SB454A)

In for more SB454A reviews...
  7. thepiombino

Hit My OG May98 This Weekend....

Wish my 27oz was a little lighter.
  8. thepiombino

Question - Anyone swing SSR2 and SRV4?

I have swung an SRV4 and LOVED it. When I mention this to people, everyone seems to say that I should consider an SSR2. I typically prefer balanced, but I like the feel of the SRV4. Not sure how I feel about 1- vs. 2-piece.
  9. thepiombino

Price Check OG AV 27oz. BA

Might be interested in brokering a trade involving an SRV4
  10. thepiombino

Sorry, folks. Been busy all day, will post pics during the day Sunday.
  11. thepiombino

For Trade 27 oz srv4 wr niw

OG Anti Virus 27oz BA? PM if interested.
  12. thepiombino

ASA Z1000 vs One .12

I just find it funny. Anytime I talk to someone who has the bat or has swung it I ask them what it is about that bat that's so good. First thing out of most of their mouths is "the sound." It doesn't help that everyone on the other teams are always claiming their swinging glass because of the...
  13. thepiombino

stupid noob question

Wouldn't hitting a ball square cause it to knuckle, thus making it less aerodynamic? If so, then cutting the ball and creating backspin would in fact affect the speed on his line drives.
  14. thepiombino

ASA Z1000 vs One .12

They all sound like that. To be honest, I think that sound has a bit of a placebo effect on people. I think that bat is decent, but nowhere near what some people seem to think (some claim it's the second coming). It's a decent bat, but I think you'll see it fall out of favor once people start...
  15. thepiombino

Have to brag on my team

Hopefully next year you can take the next step and win those close games...or at least get a full squad for every game.
  16. thepiombino

Bat weight

It's not just bat speed, but bat speed THROUGH contact. Try all different weights and see what works for you. But simple physics dictates that if you can swing a 30oz bat just as fast as a 26oz bat through contact, the ball WILL go farther.
  17. thepiombino

Just bought this from a teammate. Was told by everyone and their mother that I would LOVE it. I don't. Any idea what I can get for this? Previous owner claims approx 400-500 swings. I've only used it for about 7 or 8 games.
  18. thepiombino

Question - Anyone swing SSR2 and SRV4?

Which do you prefer? Which would you recommend for someone with average bat speed? I currently swing a May98 and love it. Looking to add an Easton to the bag and have narrowed it down to these two. I also swing an OG AV balanced and I do not like it nearly as much as the Mayhem. Thanks in...
  19. thepiombino

LTB SRV4 27oz...

...or possibly LTTF my OG AV 27oz BA for your SRV4. PM me if interested!
  20. thepiombino

LTB Worth Bat-Cheap $$

SBMJH 26.5oz, I'd guestimate between 75-100 swings, MINT bat. PM if interested and we can talk price.