Search results

1. Rous

13" Marucci Capitol Series 79R2

For sale, $180 to your door (PayPal for payment). Excellent/mint condition. MSRP on these is $349, but It really measures 12.5" and it really seems like an older Mizuno outfield pattern as it is longer and narrower. The handstall would be great for someone with smaller hands, but the shallower...
  2. Rous

What do we call this grip?

It ain’t traditional and it ain’t TIP. So what do we call what Dwight Evans is doing here? Has anyone ever tried this?
  3. Rous

Swallow Sports, custom page?

I haven't been to Swallow Sports page in a while. I think this may be the custom glove order page. I so wish I could read Japanese! Still, hours of fun to be had here. https://www.4860.jp/original-order/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=direct&utm_campaign=pc-top-Medium
  4. Rous

Perfect Game for UNT!!!

Ok, the place I teach, UNT, doesn't often make the sports world. The football team lost its bowl game, the basketball team made the tournament this year and won its first March Madness game ever. But to top that, Hope Trautwein just pitched the first 21 strike out perfect game in NCAA Div. 1...
  5. Rous

USSSA Out caused by causing a throw?

We were in the third base dugout, based loaded, no outs. Batter hit a grounder to the third baseman; all runners took off. The third baseman stepped on third (out #1) and threw home. The catcher tagged out the runner who had been on third (out #2) and then threw back to third base as the...
  6. Rous

Out caused by causing a throw

I'm not sure how this thread got started twice, so please see the other one and ignore this one! We were in the third base dugout, based loaded, no outs. Batter hit a grounder to the third baseman; all runners took off. The third baseman stepped on third (out #1) and threw home. The catcher...
  7. Rous

For Sale Rawlings Pro320-CVDM with wider web

This is a 302-CVDM with a 5" wide single post web installed (the original web will be included if you ever want to take it back to original). I think this is an especially good glove for someone with smaller hands who prefers using a traditional grip (making it work TIP would take a lot of...
  8. Rous

Public Service Announcement on Easton I-web gloves

I was contacted recently by a board member about a tear in his Easton I-web glove. It seems the lace tore through the attachment holes on the backside of the glove right at the tunnel on the finger side. I think I can fortify the existing holes on the palm side so the glove will survive, but it...
  9. Rous

So Rawlings DOES make a 13" DCT! Just not HOH.

So I have a Miken Koalition KO130FB in for a relace. Except for the web attachment (only 1 flying buttress lace), the perlicue area of the chassis is laced differently, and the back closure, it's a DCT. Same shape, same fit, same close. I'd love to see SBF get a HOH version of one of these next...
  10. Rous

For Sale Insignia 12.5" glove

I bought this one just to check out an Insignia glove. It had been used as a sample glove and so has some shelf wear and staining to the laces and has been minimally broken in. Other than the laces being discolored and scuffed, its in very good shape. Marked that it is a 13" glove, but measures...
  11. Rous

For Sale Nokona AMG175x

12.25" Buckskin glove. NWOT. They used some very stiff buckskin for this batch. It is not a pull-up leather, so I am not even sure it is technically buckskin. This pattern has a very RV23 feel to it. I bought it because it looks so great on a shelf. It's got a flag patch so 2000-2002 vintage...
  12. Rous

For Sale Rawlings TB-24 in black dry Horween

I bought this from DMS a few years back. Never caught a ball, no couch catch, no conditioner. It never had any tags, so I'll say NWOT. Lining is the standard dry black Japanese tanned leather Rawlings uses. $180 to your door (gifted, to the lower 48 states). I bought a top bar that I had...
  13. Rous

For Sale Easton Small Batch 15 (12.75")

This thing is awesome. In his transition from baseball to softball, my son has been borrowing my Nokona AMG600 (I am using my Glovesmith 1300 at first base). As a gift, I offered him the Nokona or the Easton. He chose the Nokona saying only that he didn't want to put in the effort to make the...
  14. Rous

How about a 11.5" Pro302?..... Wait.... what?

Not sure I have ever seen 1.25" taken off a glove pattern, even by the Pro Shop! 263638928582
  15. Rous

Alum vs Chrome tanned lace

I always thought that gloves were made out of chrome tanned leather and lace out of alum tanned leather. But something has never felt right about that. non-tan lace FEELS different than good old tan. I have seen this ad before, but this is the first time I have picked up on "alm" and "chrome"...
  16. Rous

What glove for graduation present?

I'm going to tap into the collective wisdom of the board here. My son is headed off to college next year and I can't escape the fact that it's a great opportunity to help his transition from baseball to softball with a glove (his baseball glove is a 11.75" Pro200). He has played several games...
  17. Rous

Glove lining question

I am working on a Rawlings glove with a "Deer Skin" lining (it actually feels like deer skin rather than deer tanned cowhide). When I opened it up, I saw that the lining is actually a sandwich of deerskin and cowhide layers back to back (rough side to rough side). While the hidden cowhide half...
  18. Rous

Nokona now makes a DCT???

And an H-web to boot! How come I don't see this in the SBF store!!!
  19. Rous

For Sale Gloveworks Mitt 13.25"

This mitt is patterned after the Rawlings DCT, but Gloveworks made this one bigger. It may be stamped 13.25", but it measures 13". Not bad since a Rawlings DCT is stamped 13" but measures 12.5"! Lining is made out of the shell leather (which is a nice orange tan) and the shearling is very nice...
  20. Rous

Question about Nike Vapor web swap

So I have been asked to swap a mod trap onto one of the plastic Nike Vapor gloves. By my measurement, it needs a 5" wide by 7.75" long web. But I know being off by even 1/8" can make a difference in how it plays. I do want it to be slightly large for softball (it is a pretty narrow glove). Has...