Search results

1. tumblebug

New bat company??

This is not at all true. A bat is a resonant system. The length AND SHAPE of the taper as well as the connection method are much more important than most know. The shape on this bat, as far as I can tell has a taper with a straight section that connects with the barrel using compound radii. This...
  2. tumblebug

New bat company??

I didn't read that far back. I replied to the person I quoted. But your example illustrates my point perfectly. The OG RT was considerably more end loaded than the NT. Back in the day, before the rules changed, end loading was the way the big boys liked it. I used to make custom bats for Mike...
  3. tumblebug

New bat company??

I agree with this. If there are such animals, the differentiation would logically be in the end weighting. The two things at play here are inertia and momentum.
  4. tumblebug

New bat company??

While working for Louisville Slugger my bat bag got stolen every few months. I was well known as the metal bat product engineer and it became predictable that the bags got stolen. Product testers also regularly had their bats "stolen" but it was obvious that they sold them. It was no more than a...
  5. tumblebug

New bat company??

I'd sell them the bat for a grand if I were you. They prolly want to know you aren't copying them. If they really want it, they're eventually gonna get it. You might as well make the money yourself. I'm just say'n
  6. tumblebug

New bat company??

Thanks for your reply, good luck gentlemen.
  7. tumblebug

New bat company??

That's what I think when they say ABC
  8. tumblebug

New bat company??

Some time in May. I haven't made exact plans yet. I'm prolly gonna wait until track season is over and I haven't heard back from coach. I have a filter; lets just say it has a course mesh screen. Sheesh!
  9. tumblebug

New bat company??

My second and third questions were not addressed. What say you?
  10. tumblebug

New bat company??

The desire to soften the barrel has spawned different approaches for different reasons over the years. The new, softer balls make some of those old efforts reasonable again. It will be interesting to see what happens.
  11. tumblebug

New bat company??

Does the tech hold up to the hype?
  12. tumblebug

New bat company??

Thanks, I've already started to investigate. Your thread came up in a Google search. We'll see . . .
  13. tumblebug

New bat company??

Thanks for your explanation, as well as the others who replied. I appreciate the thought exercise. It makes me want to get back in the game. And, thanks for the kind words.
  14. tumblebug

New bat company??

The BBS test is defeatable, I'm just say'n.
  15. tumblebug

New bat company??

The Power Arch had a series of arches that touched at the peaks of the arch. The connected surface area was minimal but allowed for smooth flexure at the interface and maintained a higher compression test result. Be that as it may, the DeMarini Ultimare Distance had a continuous gap. I believe...
  16. tumblebug

New bat company??

You are describing a multiwall bat. More specifically the Power Arch system on the old Anderson RockeTech. However, we did not describe the effect as nonlinear. It feels like something is missing in your description. I need to cogitate on this one.
  17. tumblebug

New bat company??

Yep, I misspoke. Let me ask the question differently. Starting with the verifiable premise that the historisis of all bats are already nonlinear, as is the ball, what makes your design nonlinear? Why is a limiting device necessary and how does that change the overall performance in a way that is...
  18. tumblebug

New bat company??

Just a couple of quick questions: Perhaps I'm missing something, what is an "all linear design"? The components in a resin over fiber composite are fairly limited, how are the materials different? Composite production processes are a fairly mature technology, How are the processes...
  19. tumblebug

Anderson Huers General Discussion: The Sequel

Not yet. I'm slowly rehabbing from bi-lateral knee replacement but I'm getting stronger every day.
  20. tumblebug

Nanotek question

This . . .