Search results

1. Brooks

Steelers fans, come out from your trailers.

Lovie will have them moving the right direction. Tampa is lucky enough to be in the weakest division in the NFL, so they should be competitive this year. The Glazers are committed to making them a winner again. I think 2015 will be their breakout year.
  2. Brooks

Local Tampa sports columnists are ready to crown Glennon as the "franchise QB of the future". While we learned that McCown only looked good last year because of an excellent Chicago Bears offensive line, Glennon has a long road ahead before any Bucs fan should get excited. He has earned the...
  3. Brooks

I wonder if anyone on earth actually bet on Tampa winning that game? Clearly hell has frozen over! Maybe Steve Smith was right about Carolina which is why Pittsburgh blew through them last week. Tampa showed up for this game, but a legit playoff contender still should've had them under control...
  4. Brooks

For Sale 26 Extended scx3

500 swings = just warming up for the og exts I've owned. This looks pretty well broken in for only 500 swings.
  5. Brooks

Tampa Greco Fri Nite

Need an outfielder. Skill level not that important. $35 league fee if interested.
  6. Brooks

mlb free agency

I wish David Price would sign a one yr ext for $15 mill so the youngsters have more time to develop, but that isn't going to happen. I see him in Texas or NY next season.
  7. Brooks

Seattle Seahawks

Blood in the water in Seattle. An 0-7 team comes to their house and mercilessly pounds the ball down their throats with a back up running back.
  8. Brooks

2013 Tampa Bay Rays Thread

Can't believe he let Price ride it out! His big stars shined bright! I like Cobb in Cleveland. Go Rays!
  9. Brooks

No doubt Tampa needs to win out! I like the way things are going. They are getting key hits when they need them and the pitching is coming through. A dangerous squad in October!
  10. Brooks

Pretty amazing that Tampa's offense is doing most of the heavy lifting w/o big contributions from Myers or Longo. Dejesus and Loney have stepped up. I hope Jennings comes back soon. He was warming up quick! Take a day off and they will be dead the way things are w/ Cleveland & Texas! Need to win...
  11. Brooks

If we can hang on to a wild card spot, I'm guessing Cleveland gets the other. If that happens, I like our chances! The fact that Cleveland has been feasting on lousy teams can be a double edged sword. It's only human nature to play down to your competition. Then they have a one game playoff...
  12. Brooks

2013 Tampa Bay Bucs Thread

Bring on draft day 2014! Wonder if Lovie Smith would look this way?
  13. Brooks

This loss is on Schiano. He didn't trust his qb to make a 6 yard throw with the game on the line. He can explain that to his team in the locker room. The bottom line is Freeman is ALL YOU HAVE this season to seriously compete. Either flush the season down the toilet and start the rookie or...
  14. Brooks

2 in a row. Great pitching by Archer & Co! Offense still in desperate need of a jumpstart! Need to sweep the Twins. No excuses, play like champions!
  15. Brooks

I agree. Schiano has 8 games to show he can bring a sharp and disciplined team on the field. I don't mind a mid season firing if the ship really hits the rocks.
  16. Brooks

Yes it was! Entirely too much talent to play this ugly! Coaching is where I place the blame. Let's not forget that Schiano is coaching his 17th pro game. MAny great coaches struggled early in their career. He needs to find the right balance for sure and that's not easy! I think Tampa will step...
  17. Brooks

I don't know but Maddon needs to instill discipline in his offense. Move guys up & down the order based on smart & disciplined at bats. Bench guys who keep doing stupid stuff at the plate. ANYTHING other than "hoping they snap out of the funk and find their groove".
  18. Brooks

He's probably still got arm issues and he's playing through it.
  19. Brooks

Week 1 Start/sit thread

That would be Daryl Richardson in STL. He was actually undrafted in my league. I dropped Andre Brown and picked him up.
  20. Brooks

Week 1 Start/sit thread

That's the conventional wisdom. However, how often has that been proven wrong? I'm sticking w/ Martin, but it'll be interesting to see what D. Richardson does vs weak AZ run D.