Search results

1. Phillip

2015 Last At Bat Thread

RBI double split L and LC, it was nice since I haven't played in 3 years.
  2. Phillip

Is $13 for 15 minutes in the cages a ripoff?

I pay .25 for 10 balls, IMO yes that sounds like too much.
  3. Phillip

Leave it all on the field?

I take it a play at a time I try my best in the field but unless there's a fielding error or a bad throw I'm not hitting a triple. I'll slide or dive for a ball if I can get there but I'm getting older and my body can't take too much abuse.
  4. Phillip

microwaved bats

I put mine in a rotisserie
  5. Phillip

Leather and Lace - The Official Glove Ho Thread

From left to right Albin 11 3/4, Rawlings Heritage 13", LHT Nike 12.5, Rawlings 11.5 (my high-school glove), Cooper Catchers mitt
  6. Phillip

Steam a glove to shape to your hand, bad for glove life?

This was my first question when I came here in 09. And got some crap for it. The prevailing idea then was just do it the old fashioned way. I have heard it shortens the life of your glove but I have never seen proof. My father in law bakes his sons gloves in the oven and the guy who designed the...
  7. Phillip

My first game in turfs

http://www.boombah.com/s.nl/sc.26/category.142329/.f And it looks like all the other models are on closeout. Now's the time to buy if you like Boombah, I guess.
  8. Phillip

My first game in turfs

haha I have never been fast, I had a coach tell me I was slower than dirt, then again his name was Shanon so...
  9. Phillip

Batting Grip

Me too, love the Sheen qoutes btw.
  10. Phillip

My first game in turfs

I think I should sport a towel too, but I already sport a flat brim and a Brett Bros. Necklace so if that doesn't work I may have to practice, but who wants to do that?
  11. Phillip

My first game in turfs

I got the turfs because we play on concrete, more or less.
  12. Phillip

My first game in turfs

Then I would go for it, a couple of guys on my team have played in theirs for years and they're still intact.
  13. Phillip

My first game in turfs

Haha just saw that, I haven't hit a HR ever so I'm thinking next week I'll wear a cut off shirt.
  14. Phillip

My first game in turfs

I got the turfs. I don't know if they would be an upgrade as this is my first pair ever but they seem very sturdy. However they are narrow which is why I had to return my first pair and go up 1/2 size. Don't get butt hurt I'm shooting for that 1,000 post mark so I can drop some bombs! I...
  15. Phillip

My first game in turfs

So I got my Boombah resistance turfs just in time for my game tonight and I have to say I'm a fan. They have just as much traction on the infield as my cleats but without the soreness. I didn't hit a 400 foot bomb but I don't have the post count for that yet. Thanks for pointing me in the right...
  16. Phillip

best bat

Fixed it for you And a heavier bat will make a ball farther not a lighter one, assuming it is swung at the same speed
  17. Phillip

Mapping Softball Fields(Cool little Project)

Got a couple in San Antonio, but I know I missed a lot.
  18. Phillip

Hottest ASA Bat?

I think "hottest" is an objective term. But here's something that may be helpful http://www.softballfans.com/reviews/index_asa.php I hear good thing about the Demarini One MLC and One.12, then again you could always pick up a used bat from a board bro.
  19. Phillip

Current Boombah Turnaround

4 days to TX on both my orders
  20. Phillip

Tourney Flyer I Did Up

Looks good, the only thing I would change is the placement of the Marine Corps Logo. If possible right click it and see if it says "send to back". This will put it behind everything and allow you to make it bigger while also freeing up some space. If that works you might also change the color...