Search results

1. Andrew83

Whats too cold for an L1?

Just looking for thoughts on this.... did some searching and really didn't find anything. What is too cold? Picked up a '14 L1 and it is still fresh with about 50 cuts on it :D
  2. Andrew83

Has anyone swung the 275's yet?

Trying to decide between the DB275 and the Wanted275 and looking for some feedback/info on the 2. Has anyone actually swung/tested both or either one of them? Between the 2 I am looking for: -which one swings lighter? -which one has a softer/stiffer feel? -which one will be more durable in...
  3. Andrew83

Hit the Spiked98 .....

Hit the Spiked98 ..... **UPDATE** First impression during BP right out of the wrapper was it was alot stiffer than I was expecting. Honestly if i didnt know it was a 2 piece I wouldnt of guessed I was hitting a 2 piece bat. Its my first 2 piece to hit so I really cant compare it to another. Put...
  4. Andrew83

For Sale/Trade a few combats for trade

Prefer to trade.... 1) Virus Plague 26FL - 5-600 hits, webbing, no cracks or rattles. Will need a new end cap or will make a perfect BP bat. 2) Virus Enhanced 26FL - unk hits, bought it off the board and havent swung it yet because switched to ASA. Looks to be 2-300 hits. No cracks, no...
  5. Andrew83

Avarice98 & Avaritia review....

Swung mine on Thursday but not sure if I can give an honest review. Thursday morning i strained my lower back so i had a little bit of discomfort/pain during BP.... I am really not sure what to say about the Avarice98, kinda disappointed honestly. Hit 2 rounds with it and only 2 balls felt nice...
  6. Andrew83

Avr & sb98.....

Will the AVR and/or SB98 hold up in cooler temps? First time playing ASA in the cooler weather and looking for some feed back on this. My AVR is a return, so since both sticks are no warranty I am hesitant to swing them. And by cooler weather I am talking about < 65 degrees.
  7. Andrew83

Help a Easton newb out. SRV5 vs SRV6BH

Just started my first season playing ASA and picked up a SALVO and am wanting to possibly try the SRV6BH. I did a search and really didnt find anything comparing these 2. Mainly everything was about the vibration that the Helmer makes or comparing it to the SRV4. So, I know there is a difference...
  8. Andrew83

For Trade 26FL Spike Baker.....

Returnable Spike w/receipt .... Looking for a 26oz AntiVirus. PM me with what you have.
  9. Andrew83

Arlington, TX .... Looking for an outfielder on Friday nights....

Looking for an outfielder for Friday nights in Arlington. Someone who can pretty much cover any position in the outfield. Seomeone who can judge the ball and has a decent arm and good speed. Will be for fall league that starts up Fri, Sept 9th. Might be needing 2 guys, but 1 for sure. Let me...
  10. Andrew83

Salvo Question.....

I havent seen one in person with the orange rubber plug in the end cap yet, but do they also come with the orange grip like the one this guy is swinging in this first video? Sorry i cant post the direct link to the video due to privacy settings on the computer I am on.... TIA...
  11. Andrew83

Who has both swung the Afflicted and SB98?

Who has swung both the Afflicted and SB98? Needing to pick up another ASA stick and was pretty much set on the SB98. But my AVR is a return so having 2 no warranty bats I am not so sure of because I am sure a few guys on the team will also want to swing them. Plus the price of the Afflicted is...
  12. Andrew83

Anyone else having paint flaking problems this bad?

The GSR has 400 hits and this is the 4th season with it so thats understandable. But I just took the wrapper off the spike 2 weeks ago and the wrapper last week on the Combatant. The ump last night tried telling me that these bats (he was looking at the Spike) shouldnt be allowed due to the wear...
  13. Andrew83

GSR vs Spike Baker

Who has swung both of these bats and how do they stack up against one another? I have a Spike that will be here tomorrow and am wondering about it. What I have picked up from reading on here is that it feels alot in the lines of a DB and GSR but hotter straight out of the wrapper :confused: Or I...
  14. Andrew83

Any Combatants own/owned a Fulk or Connell?

So I have seen people convert to combat from easton, demarini and miken but havent really heard of worth guys making the switch. Between 2 games last night both teams we played against had both the Fulk and the Connell and they were killing the ball. I took the Wood, DB, GS and GSR and the...
  15. Andrew83

Looking to trade my NIW GSR NR...

As the title says, its a 26FL.... Looking for a Spike preferably... http://forums.softballfans.com/showthread.php?p=12860058#post12860058
  16. Andrew83

For Trade NIW 26fl GSR NR

LTT: NIW 26fl GSR NR Looking to trade my NIW GSR 26FL NR with stock grip for a Spike Baker. Preferably a Spike just like my GSR, NIW NR with stock grip. Looking for a 26oz! Would also consider a DS or OG GS, nothing else at this time. Let me know what you have!! TIA
  17. Andrew83

GTG Tomj2345

Tom sent me some vinyl #6's just for the heck of it. Awesome thing to do and he got them to me quick too! Thanks again! Solid guy, dont hesitate to do deals with him. :cool:
  18. Andrew83

Has anyone swung both the AVR and SB98

If so, with the fact that she SB98 is a no warranty bat aside, wich one do you prefer and why? Just wondering....
  19. Andrew83

For Trade Miken MV-3 26 Super & NRG 600 Max for Combats

or sell - Miken MV-3 26 Super & NRG 600 Max for Combats Just seeing if I will get any hits on this. I have a Miken MV-3 26oz Supermax and NRG 600 26oz Maxload. I am looking for Combats, especially the Gear Supremacy Reload (GSR) in a 26FL. Both Mikens are EXCELLENT shape with OG grip, receipt...
  20. Andrew83

Coed bat question....

This coming fall season will be the first time to play on a coed team.... Question for the people playing coed, what bats are the females swinging? Slowpitch or fastpitch bats? Are the composite fastpitch bats hitting the ball just as well as the slowpitch ones? I have no clue and am trying to...