Search results

1. The Vapors

Dead lift Form

I'm confused too. Feet don't look wide enough for sumo but grip is inside.
  2. The Vapors

Obliques

When I get instant sore/cramps from activity usually means I'm dehydrated.
  3. The Vapors

Kindle Edition of Dan John

It was a good read, recommended.
  4. The Vapors

A few exercise questions....need some input

I was told the same thing when I told my doctor about my lower back pain, mostly in the mornings waking from bed or after sitting for a long time. I shifted my workouts around and do a lot more core-circuit type workouts. I also foam roll 3 times a week to help loosen up. I deadlift and...
  5. The Vapors

A few exercise questions....need some input

To my knowledge there really aren't any good alternatives to a deadlift except a different style deadlift. There are plenty of exercise that can work the muscles involved in a deadlift but it won't replace the deadlift. I'm sure someone will disagree with me, but that's my 2-cents.
  6. The Vapors

workout routine question

If you are in the gym you should push yourself. Always using the same weight for the same amount of reps is just burning calories. Like fro said post your routine, someone would be able to adjust you routine to allow time for your joints to rest. As I have gotten older I've had to make...
  7. The Vapors

Inzer powerlifting belt for sale

To bad I'm not in the market for one of these.
  8. The Vapors

Raw food diet results

I've never seen my Abs so I don't believe they exist.
  9. The Vapors

Unstable Surface Training

Thanks for the responses. Guess I'm just not pushing myself enough with Pallof presses. I'm using 50lbs-60lbs or so. I still haven't figured out the cables at my gym, the cables seem heavier than any previous gym I've been a part of. Friday I am going to attempt a heavier weight.
  10. The Vapors

Unstable Surface Training

What kind of weight are you using for the press? When I do the press I feel it working but it's not that difficult. When I try to add weight I feel I compromise form. I like doing a vertical press from my knees seems to work better than a standing horizontal press
  11. The Vapors

New Product from Neogenix

Thanks dafox, got my sample today. Maybe I'll try it tomorrow, if not tomorrow then definitely mid to late next week.
  12. The Vapors

Settle a bet for me

Best ever was 5 years ago @ 275lbs 6'1" 29 yrs old Bench 405 Squat 495 (belt) DL 495 (wrist straps & belt) Never tried anything higher but no way is was getting more than 405 bench. Currently @ 282 lbs still 6'1" 34 yrs of age. I don't go higher then 275 on all three. Shoulders...
  13. The Vapors

Squat strength vs. sprinting ability study.

I hope this is true. My days of squatting heavy are over. Playing sports, lifting and hiking has finally caught up to my knees.
  14. The Vapors

need some help....

Rear Delts Bent over later raises Face pulls (cable) Reverse pec deck Upper back Rows (there are a ton of variations) Pull ups/downs Shrugs Pretty much any pulling exercise works the rear delts and back.
  15. The Vapors

beast mode

Saying max bench and multiple reps together is an oxymoron.
  16. The Vapors

compound 20 & oxyelite pro workout

Why do people say "cut" or "cutting"? Simply losing weight weight isn't cutting! Nobody here is a bodybuilder or pro fighter looking to "cut" the last few pounds. Like the guy above that lost 35lbs (congrats btw), if you have to lose that much weight it isn't "cutting".
  17. The Vapors

BOSU squat muscle soreness problem

I'm a fan of foam rolling, hot bath w/Epsom salt, and drinking a lot of water. I foam roll around 3x/week and baths 1-2x/week but I haven't had DOMs in a long while.
  18. The Vapors

Lets play a game..

Way over 10 items and space limitations. 300lbs weight set alone is over 10 items. If you could fit this in a room/garage you wouldn't have space to get from station to station let alone use them. The Precor and life fitness machines are huge and meant for commercial gyms not the average spare room.
  19. The Vapors

SI joint problems and what handed batter are you?

Without visiting a doctor, how does one know if they have an SI joint problem? I've been having more low back, butt and hamstring pain lately, but I just thought it might be my sciatic nerve or arthritis. Years ago I had an x-ray and they noticed some bone spurs on my vertebra (lumbar). Also...
  20. The Vapors

acl help???

I'd ask Dr. Or a Dr of sport medicine, physical therapist. I wear a OTC knee brace but I only have MCL damage. I think an ACL brace would be more complicated then something OTC