Search results

1. W

Am I being a tool?

Played catcher the other night and the other team got pissed at me for talking behind the plate. I never yelled or did anything to try and startle them. I would say things like "that's a nice pitch" or "oh that's strike three". I guess that kind of stuff has never bothered me, granted if I was...
  2. W

does a called strike have to hit the ground?

One of my teammates tried to tell me that a pitch that is not swung at needs to hit the ground in order for it to be called a strike. What he was getting at is if the catcher catches it before it hits the ground, it CAN't be called a strike. I argued that where it lands (as long as it doesn't...
  3. W

ASA batter timeout

Didn't ASA make a change a few years ago that a batter doesn't automatically get time out if they step out of the box between pitches.
  4. W

ASA Strike Zone

Does anyone remember a thread that had diagrams from a side view of a pitch flight and how where it lands relevant to different maximum heights and how that translates to the strike zone over the plate? Last night the other team had a guy watch strike 3 on a pitch that was about 6 feet high...
  5. W

ASA Basepath

All I can find is the definition of the bast path "BASE PATH: A line directly between a base and the runner’s position at the time a defensive player is attempting to tag that runner." Is there any other reference in the rule book, supplements or case book?
  6. W

ASA Pitching Change

Can a pitcher be replaced and then come back to pitch. I'm not talking about a substitution. Let's say we have 10 playing and batting, every inning we just run out and take any position. Could the guy that pitched only the 1st inning come back to pitch the 7th? The only reference I can...
  7. W

What is the hot new ASA bat this year?

Cost isn't a factor.